at work

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbuk

Staff Alumni
hey

im not sure what to say but i just want to write something about something. i work with 5 people - 3 of them i get on so so well with. the other 2 i dont.

the other day one of these guys had a go at me, said we have issues. it was so unexpected and i cant get on with him n e more. now things r strained.

there is another guy there who is so so cruel. he has a go at me all the time. puts me down. calls me fat, spotty, just so mean. i never say n e thing back to him. he sees everything as a joke. he doesnt care. it hurts alot and i find it so so hard to cope. he sas bad things n flicks elastic bands at me, throws things and hits me.

i just wanted to say sumthing to sumbody

take care

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
There is no way u should have to put up with that in the workplace, it's bad enough at school, but no one expects this shit at work!!!

Are u a member of the union? If so take yourself off to see your union rep.
Also where is your supervisor at work? This is an issue that should be sorted out by your line manager (unless of course its your manager that's doing it).

Personally I'd do a full out frontal attack and tell this arsehole exactly what I thought of him..JUVENILE, PUERILE, IMMATURE WANKER !!! comes to mind.

Find someone in authority and complain, don't let this bully make u a victim!!!

vbuk

Staff Alumni
the guy doesnt care - i think he gets off on seeing people hurt. n if i said that to him he wud probably just say - yeah and....?

as i say theres not many of us. my boss has had words but makes no difference.

im scared cos tomorrow my boss n my friend r both off. so im going to be alone with them. im having a bad time with other stuff. i just know he is going to moan at me n say 'its that time of the month'. he knows nothing of my life. just thinks its PMT all the time. all month!

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Well I replied to this but reply seems to have vanished so will answer it again.

Right, u want to know how to get up this shitheads' nose !!!

Whenever he says anything nasty, just smile sweetly and look pityingly at him. don't give him any other kind of response. I promise u after a bit it will get right up his nose.
He might get nastier for a bit, trying to get some reaction, just dont give it to him and he will look a right nasty piece of work and a fool.

GO GET HIM!!!

vbuk

Staff Alumni
i just cant cope anymore. i love my job so so so much. he is the sort of guy who gives out revenge. i just dont wanna get on the wrong side of him. he is a big horrible mad.

he tried to butter me up today - acted like my best friend so i wud open up to him - i didnt - saw through it straight away. he just wanted 2 know my problems so he can use them against me at sum other point.

the other guy i work with got mean again today.

i just cant cope. keep thinking of quitting but i cant cos i love ma boss n ma mate there to absolute bits - wudnt find n e one better to work with.

i dont want them to win but they are.

Tearsalone

tell me where you work and when I'm finished with him, he'll be 2 balls short and everyone will be grateful he can never concieve. *nods*

dropmealine

Don't accept that at work. You are, I'm presuming, both grown ups, and you both deserve to be treated with dignity in a professional setting. As soon as you know there is a problem, sit down with the person and talk it over. Make sure that you are on the same terms, and the solution I offer is to make sure people who need to work together can acknowledge that they don't get along, but stay seperate and behave professionally when you do have to be together.

Hope this helps and makes sense.

vbuk

Staff Alumni
unfortunatly i cant do that. hes not the sort of guy u can have a civil conversation with. he says that he wont change for n e one. that if we dont like him - tough. this guy is unique - never met n e body like him.

Tearsalone - thank you. tho he is a big fat strong guy. wud love to see him get a good beating

willgethere

Find out if your employer has a policy and procedures on harassment and bullying and obtain a copy

Stand calm and firm and do not allow yourself to be a target

Do not become isolated, seek immediate support and advice

Keep a record of all incidents which cause you distress or are undermining - log dates and details and write down your feelings after each such occurrence together with your own response

Try to get witnesses to bullying incidents by avoiding situations where you are alone with the bully

Do not take action alone.

Make an appointment with your company harassment advisor and seek their guidance and support

Talk to colleagues and see if they are experiencing the same treatment as you.

Follow the company grievance procedures with the help and support of your Harassment Advisor, Personnel or Union officers

Keep your complaint as objective as possible so that you can't be accused of filing the complaint out of malice or ambition

Make an appointment with your doctor and tell them what is happening to you at work.
Follow medical instructions and get signed off if necessary

If counselling is available at work make an early appointment to talk through your experience

Talk to friends and family for emotional support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00