attachment disorder

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by ronnymarie, Sep 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronnymarie

ronnymarie Guest

Does anyone else have an attachment disorder? How are you dealing with it?

2. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

watch life like it's a movie? learn to love or hate or feel anything at all for the characters in it... not sure

3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I am very familiar with it and have experience with people with it. A few years ago when we were foster parents it was a common issue we dealt with. If you are looking for resources on it I could list some, or if you want to know what it looks or feels like to people close to you then I could tell you that but if just looking to compare experiences and feelings you may deal with I may understand on a logical level but I cannot on an emotional level as I do not have... Let me know here or feel free to PM if any of the others would be of help.

You can also share what it is and how it effects you here. Reactive Attachment Disorder (among a couple lesser common) are often misdiagnosed as the diagnosis is primarily based on family history and environment so it is often overlooked and many people believe that it explains a lot of the random and changing dx others receive......

4. ronnymarie

ronnymarie Guest

I believe that I suffer from this disorder although I have never officially been diagnosed. I have read symptoms on line, and they do describe a lot of what I feel.

I was both ignored and severely abused as a child, so it wouldn’t be a surprise if I did have this problem. I suspect that my husband also suffers from this disorder, although our symptoms are not all the same, although I have read that there are different types of attachment disorders. It has made our relationship very rocky and difficult, so I would love to find a way to help both of us.

I would appreciate any resources you have. It was rather discouraging to read how difficult it is to treat, and we can’t afford therapists.

5. ronnymarie

ronnymarie Guest

I’m afraid I’ve always dealt with it in very unhealthy ways, so looking for better ways to get through life. It’s tough, especially when it is something that stems from childhood.

6. bipooper

bipooper New Member

Attachment to relationships?

7. ronnymarie

ronnymarie Guest

In my case, it's an issue with trust and being able to rely on others. The closer people try to get to me, the more afraid and uncomfortable I get, and the more I try to get away. From what I have read, attachment disorders can manifest in different ways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.