Aunt asked me to come to cousin's graduation?

My aunt asked me if I could get off at 3pm to go to my cousin's graduation (this is the aunt that caused me to lose the car.) I just told her that my boss would not let me. When I didn't even bother asking. I work from 2 to 6. So I thought the request was pretty stupid. Plus I barely talked to my cousin. And when I was younger he was such a brat. Years ago my mom let her stay with me, my dad, and brother. Because she was being abused. Even though my mom was trying to leave my dad. So she forced me to give up my room. And sleep in her tiny office. (I had never forgave my mom for doing that. So she pretty much died without me forgiving her. And it doesn't bother me because I felt like she put me in the back burner for a family member that didn't even help her.) Anyway He broke some of my stuff. Kept bothering me. Kept trying to rough play with me. Insulted me. Always wanted to get me in trouble. And he did touch my vaginal area at some point. Now we barely talk to each other. Overall my aunt didn't even attend my graduation. She told me that my dad was going. But then again my dad is a dumbass. He got mad that I started talking to her again after what she did. And being the hypocrite that he is, he was talking to her. He practically tells me to kill myself, but decides to attend her son's graduation, even though she did not attend mine.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I honestly am unsure of what to say. I think you're doing the right thing, you might not have had a say in what you did as a kid but you can choose what YOU want now.
So I'd say just do what you want, stay at work, and ignore her request that is bothering you. No one should ever, ever tell someone to kill themselves, they are a vile person, that is as low as you can get. So yeah, do as you please hun and have a nice day at work :) xxx

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
You don't have to go. Toxic people are everywhere. Leave the excuse blank & say you're unable.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$110.00
Goal
$255.00