Avoiding the bitter taste of Xanax

Cybrsk8r

I'm sure anyone who has ever taken Xanax (Alprazolam) knows that it has a very bitter taste. I got one stuck in my throat a while back and could taste it for 30 minutes. Yuck! So I decided to see if I could come up with a way to make it easier to take. I found clear, empty gelatin capsules on Ebay. Size 1 (the lower the number the bigger the capsule) is just the right size for a .5mg alprazolam. For the bars you might need the next larger size (size 0). Just thought I'd post this in case anyone else really hates the taste.

Harmony

SF Supporter
I would strongly advise anyone against buying "medication" on eBay. First and foremost you have no idea what you are getting and more than likely it's counterfeit or some unknown substance which may have devastating or fatal effects. Even looking up the medication online in an attempt to "match" what the actual tablet looks like is not a safe method. People have ways to imprint these tablets to look exactly like the pharmaceutical version. This is clearly not safe and it is illegal to sell alprazolam on Ebay.

I would strongly advise anyone against buying "medication" on eBay. First and foremost you have no idea what you are getting and more than likely it's counterfeit or some unknown substance which may have devastating or fatal effects. Even looking up the medication online in an attempt to "match" what the actual tablet looks like is not a safe method. People have ways to imprint these tablets to look exactly like the pharmaceutical version. This is clearly not safe and it is illegal to sell alprazolam on Ebay.
I believe cybrsk8r only bought gelatin capsules online. Not sure if buying those online is particularily safe, but definitely safer than buying actual medication online.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
A word of caution about generally crushing up tablets and trying to put them into capsules. Unless specifically stated in the summary of product characterisitcs of the med, chances are you could compromise the integrity of the drug. This could lead to less than the intended amount being available for absorption and hence dose failure. The capsule may break up in the stomach, exposing the contents to gastric acid environment and hence destruction of most of the drug, or the med itself could cause gastric irritation. This is just one such thing that can occur. Also, if it's a slow release preparation, (Xanax can come as this) then you can potentially run the risk of dose dumping whereby instead of a steady controlled release of the med, the whole payload is delivered which could excedd the intended therapeutic leves and so may lead to a potentiating of side effects.

With so many factors by doing this you can't guarentee of acquiring the intended dose levels.

If you can't tolerate the tablets, there may be available Alprazolam as an oral solution, or orally dintegrating tablets which may help to overcome the bitter taste and and also to help ensure correct dosing and so hopefully symtpom control.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I like the idea @Cybrsk8r would have not thought about this solution.

Some people seem not to get it. Some of people are supertasters which mean some of the chemical even a residue of it is amplified 100x worse than the normal person who can hide it in honey peanut butter cheese bread etc...

Thats why I cannot stand certain amount of food stuff if it has a certain taste to it I refuse to eat it. Because it overtakes the taste of the food its supposed to taste like. After taste is one of the other reasons...no thank u.

Cheers for a great idea!

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I've put all kinds of pills inside gelatin caps. And powder too. It's pretty effective and super cheap.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00