Barely hanging on

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by jegsu34, Jan 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jegsu34

jegsu34 Member

Each day is getting harder to hang on. I talked with my psychiatrist today and she is very concerned, thinks she might have to put me in the hospital. First we are trying new meds. I go back to see her on February 4th and I see my therapist on January 21st.
    It's nice to have them to talk to whenever I need to, since I don't have anyone else.
    The only thing with going into the hospital my parents don't know how depressed I am and they would freak out. Plus I would be two hours away since my therapist and psychiatrist are both up in Lakeland fl. I live in bradenton fl. I do not change people because they are great and they everything.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I would think your parents would be happy you are in hospital and getting the help and support you need to get well hun
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I am really glad that you have your therapist and psychiatrist for support. I don't know how old you are, but is it possible that you could go to the hospital and pretend to your parents that you are elsewhere or tell your parents you are going into hospital to have your medication changed or something like that so they don't worry. I do hope the change in medication helps. Do not give up. Depression can be treated and your life made more bearable. Good luck to you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.