Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Glara, Jan 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glara

Glara Member

I just want to stay in my bed, watch movies and eat. I'm so depressed. I have no friends anymore. Nobody has time for me. If I was dead nobody would notice.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello Glara, I'm in bed watching movies and eating right now even though I have a friend that doesn't live far away that I could call to. I just don't feel bothered, I'm not even anxious or depressed, it's just one of those days. I hope your day gets better for you, if you need a chat we're here too :)
  3. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Glara, ,

Glad you posted but people do care and please don't. feel down. With all the misery in the world just think someone does care and would truly miss you. I may not know you but we all suffer in our own way. Take care and I hope these words bring you some comfort.
  4. Glara

Glara Member

Thanks., but if there was really anyone I wouldn't have to be on a forum. I'd have actual friends to talk to. Which I don't. When I even remotely hint at how I feel people just laugh it off. And those people are just coworkers. They are the only people I talk to. I have no one else.
  5. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Hi Glara,

I love days where I just stay in bed, eat and watch movies because it's like all my favourite things in one, but it's dangerous to do when you are depressed. Why don't you look online for any social groups and activities you can do in your area so you can have a hobby and maybe even make some friends in the process. I know it's difficult to find that motivation and confidence when you are depressed, but it may just get you out of this depressive hole you are in.
  6. Starr.Child

Starr.Child Member

I can 100% relate to how you are feeling. It's sad to read. I hope things get better for you. I know I don't know you or anything but depression is something I wouldn't wish on anyone.
  7. gsp

gsp Member

Hi Glara,

I know this might not make you feel any better but I know exactly how you are feeling because I am in exactly the same situation now. The only people I talk to are coworkers too, but unfortunately I never tell them how I really feel because they just wouldn't understand. At least here on this forum, we know what depression is like and we can understand some of what you're going through.
  8. W Miller

W Miller Well-Known Member

~Hi Glara~hope you don't mind my thoughts.

Bed is my answer to depression, as well. Some days I can't find a single reason to get out of bed, or, when I do get up, I feel so groggy that I wind up heading back to bed. Of course, this only make the depression worsen. I know its not easy, but try to get up and get out of the house for a while, even if to talk to people at the local coffee shoppe.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.
  9. Glara

Glara Member

There are no social groups where I live. There were at one time but they shut down due to political corruption. Now there's nothing. The only friend who listens to me at all lives far away, and her daughter just died. I wish I could just disappear. I'm invisible anyway.
  10. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Have you reached out to your friend whose daughter just died how she's doing?

What about meetup group or support groups in your area?
  11. Glara

Glara Member

Yes I talk to my friend TB who's daughter died. She lives far away, I have to fly to visit her, but we chat regularly. She has way too much going in to deal much with me. I wish I could be there more for her. I just can't right now.
  12. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Keep chatting with her as it helps.
  13. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Like Drownedfish, stated keep talking as you can help each other. Keep posting here as well. BE safe and take care.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.