Being depressed, for me, is bitter-sweet.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by moogkitz, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moogkitz

moogkitz Well-Known Member

:huh: Yea, I know.

I remember, back in 7th grade, my life was SO good. I had friends, and they loved me. School was fun. I got out of the house, went places. But then, I went to boarding school in 8th. That ruined me. I went from feeling on top of the world to feeling low as dirt. I don't know why it happened. Ever since then, I've been this sad sack with no friends or places to go and constant family issues.

But then again, I don't know what kind of person I would be without my depression. Depression made me see the big picture. I think about the consequences of my actions before I do something. I look at situations from other people's point of view. I have no hate, no religion (this is a good thing, for me), no animosity towards any one person or any group of people. Because I know what it feels like to be alienated, betrayed, stomped on, talked negatively about. Who knows what kind of person I would be now if I hadn't taken that year at boarding school. I met so many nice people, with so many different values and morals, and somehow, this encouraged me to be more open-minded and free-thinking.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am glad you can see with different eyes and feel with a different heart because of this depression but i know with help your depression can be healed i hope you continue to try to get the right medication to help you or the right therapy. I too will never judge anyone or hurt anyone because i know what it is like being on the other end like you. Still the sadness it would be nice if it went away now right hugs to you

3. moogkitz

moogkitz Well-Known Member

thanks, total eclipse :) :hug: to you, too. I'm currently on my "Journey to Happiness," :p occupying my mind with things I like to do, and ignoring all the bull.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Good for you i hope you continue to look at the things that bring you happiness hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.