Being Triggered From How I Feel

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by brknsilence, Aug 11, 2016.

1. brknsilence

brknsilence Well-Known Member

Been nauseous a lot lately and it's getting worse. Due to how I been feeling, it's been triggering urges from my past history of an eating disorder. So tired of struggling and dealing with this. Just irritated, I get triggered like this. When will this struggle ever end?

2. lightning05

lightning05 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this and that your physical illness is affecting your mental health right now. What strategies did you use to overcome the eating disorder? Do you think you could do some of that to help with the triggering of it? I understand how you feel about becoming irritated. Just try and be patient with yourself. *hugs*

3. brknsilence

Hugs

My pregnancy has been getting me to fight more against the ED for the baby. Other than that, I haven't had much strategy.

4. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

hi brknsilence

hate to hear you are having such rough time. have you ever thought about googling "eating disorders" +self help ? Maybe something there could help you? I hope you are doing well. Congrats on the pregnancy. hope it all goes well for you.

Take Care

brknsilence likes this.
  5. brknsilence

I tried googling stuff for years even bought several self help books. I find myself at times googling thinspirational stuff and dig myself further into ED. I have contacted NEDA (National Eating Disorders Association) several times. Sometimes they're helpful. I just been needing to talk to my case manager more about it since I can't afford direct treatment for it. I'm more worried I will slip back into the ED once the baby is born. Been so desperate on getting this weight back off. I don't have much longer to get my mind really focused on recovery and stay on track with it. Trying my best not to let this ED win. Hope everything gets better soon.

Thanks. Hugs

moxman likes this.
  6. lightning05

lightning05 Well-Known Member

Have you tried to exercise this way you don't feel so stressed about the ED later? You are doing something wonderful, bringing another life into this world with your own body. Seriously, that is incredible and I think you should be proud of what you and your body are doing! Is there a support group you can go to or can you talk to your doctor about your worries? I hope you feel better soon. *hugs*

brknsilence and moxman like this.
  7. brknsilence

Not sure where to go for support. I have 4 other kids. Hard finding someone to watch them for me to go to a local group. A lot of reasons why I go online for support groups. Just feel hopeless. Sorry. I will talk to my dr about it. Hope they can help too.