BF thinks I fit bipolar II criteria.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by feathers, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feathers

feathers Well-Known Member

But I don't think I do. I've had lots of depressive periods in my life, getting steadily worse to the point where I've been suicidal and using self-harm to stop me killing myself. It's started to come back recently, not so much the being suicidal although I've been thinking about it, but I've had 3 urges to SH this week. But I don't really have the hypomanic episodes. I've read that things like a very high self esteem comes into it, and sometimes I do have a stupidly high self esteem (and naturally sometimes in my depressive episodes I have a ridiculously low self esteem to the point where I sometimes want to kill myself) but I don't think that I have 'hypomanic episodes'.

What does anyone else think?

2. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Unless he is a psychiatrist I would take his opinion on it with a grain of salt.

3. feathers

Just wondering if it's worth looking into, since I've had on off depression for 5 years which shows no sign of stopping...

4. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

If you're concerned you should contact your doctor/ a psychiatrist.

Avoid self-diagnosing.

5. feathers

dont mean to self diagnose just wondering if its worth checking out

6. sinnssykdom

sinnssykdom Banned Member

You might want to. They say that a close ones are often probably better at determining your symptoms than yourself many times. You seem concerned about it or else you wouldn't be posting here so if you can i would try and get a referral to see a psych(if you dont already see one) and get them to look into it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.