binging

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by morning rush, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

not sure it's how it's written but today I went to the store and bought candy, chocolate, chips and soda....I went into my building and before I went up I stuffed my mouth with candy :( really not proud of myself right now...I'm hoping this doesn't happen too often....I want to lose weight not gain more...it's already hard to lose weight...I tried everything....but today I was like whatever...then after I stuffed myself I was really down...:(

I'm such a hypocrite, I try so hard to eat healthy and get everybody interested in my healthy finds...if they could see me now...everyone would be disappointed...

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I'm sure people wouldn't be disappointed in you, and if they are, then don't worry about them. We all have setbacks sometimes, I know because I'm trying to eat healthier too, but then I still buy crap, and sometimes it can be hard to make a change. But just keep working towards your goals and try not to get too discouraged.

3. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

I do this too though it's not as bad as it was a few years ago. Got some exercise and started eating a little better and eventually I lost all the weight I gained, though I've recently put about a stone back on. I wish I could offer some advice. Maybe try to get to the root of why you binge eat. Do you talk about this with a counsellor at all?

4. katrina77

katrina77 Guest

No on would be disappointed with you. Stress is when our coping methods are not adequate to deal with the problems we have. We often develop coping methods that may not be what we want.

I do the same thing you do. Sometimes you just feel so lousy, you have to do what you have to do to be okay.

I think the key is finding ways of coping that we are happier with. Still working on that myself. I sure wish you the best.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I do it too hun food is comfort and sometime we just fall back on our old coping skills. Noone is disappointed hun we understand Don't be so hard on yourself ok hugs

6. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

thank you all for replying...I felt so shitty about it...but today I feel better...I'm still trying new healthy stuff and doing cycling...

I've never talked to a counsellor about that, ever...the weight thing is kind of a shameful thing for me...I try so hard and get so disappointed all the time...I feel stupid for mentioning it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.