Bipolar disorder type 2.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Sa Palomera, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

So Ive been seeing a psychologist again lately and there was also a visit to the psychoatrist and they now think I most likely have Bipolar 2 disorder. I didnt even know there were two types of the disorder.
    In two weeks i have to go back and they will have discussed my 'case' some more by then and hopefully get an official diagnose out and we can see what can be done to manage things.
    I have only told my housemate and one other friend. I was asked how I feel about it And honestly I don't know. Mixed feelings I guess? Anyone else here diagnosed with bpd type 2?

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I'm not officially diagnosed with bipolar but my psych has said it's a possibility. Having the diagnosis really does help you get the right treatment. I am kinda in the same boat, hope you get the answers you are looking for :hug:

3. catecholamine

catecholamine Well-Known Member

I have type 1. If you want to see the diagnostic criteria (at least the one in the USA, which is pretty much the same as elsewhere), I made a thread on it here.

4. Aria11

Aria11 Member

I have BP type 1. With the right meds, it is not hard to cope. You also need a support system like family and friends. I am on Ephixor and Seroquel. For type 2 I dont think they will need to give you an anti-psychotic med like seroquel. It is great that you sought help, things will get easier but watch out for the weight gaining!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.