Bipolar II with OCD??

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by approachingnormal, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I really just want to know if there is anyone who is experiencing the same thing.. A while ago I was diagnosed with bipolar II.. The other day I was reading about OCD and it said that when its comorbid with another disease like bipolar disorder the obsession side tends to become more prominent and the compulsive side sort of subsides into the background. So you'll have the mood swings and in between obsess about every little thing... Has anyone been diagnosed with both of these disorders? What is your experience? Or is the obsessing just part of bipolar anyway?

2. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

Yeah I have ocd and Bipolar and I find that the ocd becomes more prominent when I am manic.For me there are 4 moods-Deep depression, apathy(a form of depression which isnt so bad), hypomania and full blown mania.I do have ocd all the time, but I find that it's much more prominent when I am in a period of full blown mania. I am more anxious about things and worry a lot more in that period which affects my ocd.Do you find this too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.