Bipolar sufferer comitted Suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I only very recently signed up to the forums and have been reading alot of stuff here. I'll tell you more of my current situation soon, but first I just wanted to share with you something that just happened a few days ago...

My youngest sister came home from school the other day and told us that one of her close friends, a 14 year old boy, had just lost his Mother. She took an overdose and had been suffering Bipolar for many years. That Tuesday morning she took her youngest Daughter to primary school, went back home, took the overdose and went back to bed to pass away. It's really sad, the depression just got too much for her I guess.
I feel really bad for her husband and two young children who are absolutelty devastated.

Really sad that this thing beat a person down so much to result in this.

Stormrider

Sad things especially if a young kid is involved, i can't imagine explaining to a kid what happened in a situation like that.
Don't know exactly what bipolar is all about,only read a bit about it once but my head wasn't really clear so most of it faded out of my brain.

Anyway, :welcome: to the forum and feel free to post here and talk about anything(well there are some exceptions but you got the point :smile: )

Hi Stormrider.

Apparently, the Father went to their Daughter's primary school with two police officers. They took her out of class and broke the news, and apparently her screaming could be heared by everyone in the classroom. Must of sounded horrible. I've just asked my sister if anyone has spoke to the son, and she's said he isn't talking to anyone right now or replying to emails or Facebook messages.

VALIS

http://www.bipolar-foundation.org/index.aspx?o=1072

There's a 15-17% chance of suicide in bipolar people, and 25-50% will attempt in their lifetime. I try not to think about it but part of me knows that's probably the way I'll go out. What keeps me around is mostly family.

It must have gotten too much for her to stand, and while I think it's incredibly tragic for the children involved, there's really no way to take yourself out of a mindset to kill yourself when you reach a certain state, and I can't think of a way to prepare your child ahead of time that you're going to die. This is why I don't want children, even when it's managed well there's that lack of trust in one's own mind.

Losing a parent is one of the most horrible things that can happen to a child and I am sorry it ended up like that for the little girl

Hi Valis & IV2010, it is indeed a sad story, the father and two children must be going through so much right now. Apparently, the boy's High school is going to put a memorial bench on the grounds in memory for his mum.

IV2010

the bench sounds like a lovely idea..I hope they also offer him some counseling and he has good friends who will stick by him..

http://www.bipolar-foundation.org/index.aspx?o=1072

There's a 15-17% chance of suicide in bipolar people, and 25-50% will attempt in their lifetime. I try not to think about it but part of me knows that's probably the way I'll go out. What keeps me around is mostly family.

It must have gotten too much for her to stand, and while I think it's incredibly tragic for the children involved, there's really no way to take yourself out of a mindset to kill yourself when you reach a certain state, and I can't think of a way to prepare your child ahead of time that you're going to die. This is why I don't want children, even when it's managed well there's that lack of trust in one's own mind.

Losing a parent is one of the most horrible things that can happen to a child and I am sorry it ended up like that for the little girl
Hello, I am new here, so hope it is ok to reply.

I am bipolar. I spend every day trying to stay alive. I have bought enough pills and booze to sink a battleship, a knife also in case all else fails.

I am married, but feel so alone. I am told to snap out of it, I am told I make people unhappy with my moods, I cannot see any point in carrying on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00