Bipolar?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Mandy828810, Aug 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandy828810

Mandy828810 Member

I've been having a severely dark time. Nothing triggered it, nothing happened. Just all the sudden I am down as low as ever. I feel absolutely crazy. I have been suicidal too.
    I talked to a family friend who is a psychologist. She said I show textbook signs of bipolar and to see a doctor. I have an appointment Monday.
    My question is can anybody tell me ways to manage it while I wait for meds? Two nights ago has to be one of the scariest nights of my life. I don't want to go through that again.
    Any ideas and suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Empoisonner

Empoisonner Member

Could you tell us more about this dark time and the weeks before it happened?

My suggestion for how I deal with things is to just do things you enjoy, I know that can be hard to do with the punch to the gut that is ambition that depression tends to do but just go and do it anyway.

You cannot dwell on everything, You aren't Atlas Mandy, you don't gotta hold up the sky

Honestly, when I have bad days, I just go around on youtube and dick around for hours, or edit some random photo I get off the internet and put weird effects on it. just anything to keep myself from wallowing in self absorption.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.