body anorexic?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by morning rush, Dec 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I've been having a talk with my mom about anorexia, and I think I've come to the conclusion that I am anorexic. Except that I don't look like the skinny, bone anorexic, I am fat. BUT, I hate eating, I avoid eating and often don't eat.

Part of it is I am not hungry at all, so I don't eat. I can fast for days or barely eat something. Although I've been trying not to do that, to force myself to eat at least a meal per day. I never considered myself anorexic. And I still find it incredulous it's not real.

But I've read that the body can be anorexic and so I was wondering what the difference between anorexia and the body being anorexic? Is it basically the same thing?

It's also a fact that I am picky and I don't have a lot of money so...idk I'm confused...
  2. Aether

Aether Slave of the SDS

Hi morning rush. Do you hate eating because it can make you gain weight or because you just don't like food ? I think that's an important criteria. If it's the second option, it might be that you have EDNOS rather than anorexia.
    Even if you're picky, try find foods that are as diversified as possible. That way you would be getting all the nutrients and vitamins your body needs. If your body doesn't get as much as one nutrient that is needed, the effects can be serious.
    Your lack of appetite could be caused by a deficiency (Magnesium, Zinc, Vitamin B12), by the way.
    I'm sorry, I know this is probably not the answer you were looking for..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.