Borderline Jealousy: Murder Fantasies?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by feathers, Nov 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feathers

feathers Well-Known Member

Sometimes I get so jealous of my partner and other girls that it gets to the point where I start to fantasize about murdering the other girl. It is impulsive fantasies and when they pass, I don't feel like it any more, but when I do I really, really just want the person to die, and killing them would be an enormous pleasure to me. I feel like killing the person would get rid of my jealousy about them like nothing else would.

This is scary as hell when I come out of it, but it is amazing to get lost in thought to it when I'm in the mood.

Only just realised I do it to such an extent that it feels a little bit ... dangerous.

Anyone else get this or have any opinions to offer?

K x

2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Are you being treated? This is a dangerous symptom to have; if you've previously waffled on the issue of DBT, this would be a strong indication to go. It can teach you to calm down and view things rationally.

I have had murder fantasies but not about anything specific, being more the random violence type. It's associated with manic moods for me. And yeah, it's rather scary.

Just, please, get help, but maybe keep this part quiet.

3. feathers

What do you mean by keep it quiet?

4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

In my experience, talk of violence alarms people including therapists. Don't mention this aspect of your mind.

5. feathers

Would it not help?

6. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

If its just fantasy and you have no intent then talking to them about it would probably be benificial to you. I think they are obligated to hospitalise you if you have intent to harm yourself or others. I have no experience on this but as long as you make sure you let them no you have intent, you should be safe to talk about it. Either way if its a problem i would think its best to be honest if you want it sorted.

I think its probably normal to think about hurting other people, i guess it comes down to whether it stays just thoughts.

7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I don't know it would be productive. The problem that needs fixing is primarily jealousy, and a DBT therapist can help that just fine without knowing you have murder fantasies related to it.

8. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

ignore this, sorry

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.