Borderline Personality Book

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by emack54, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emack54

emack54 Well-Known Member

Right now I am reading this true life memoir about this lady who talks about her struggles in dealing BPD, but then how she was able to recover and overcome its damaging effects. I like it so far because it doesnt paint BPD in a bad light and its more up to date about BPD than anything else I read. I highly recommend it! Its called: the buddha & the borderline by Kiera Van Gelder.

2. Dear Emack 54,

Thank you for posting this book suggestion. I also have BPD and know too well the devastating life led by its cruel talons, directing your behaviors from one direction, to the next, in hopes of gaining some relief. I had joined another sight, with the desire to meet others like myself, but found that I did not a connection with the them, but instead grew more distant due to my lack of many emotions besides anger and rage. I think that maybe I would gain more insight into my own condition, if I were to be alone and think quietly about my disorder, and all of the ramifications it has produced within my life. On the other hand, perhaps this is also an attempt to excuse myself from social situations, for I find myself wanting to be alone more often than not, these days.I will give Ms. Van Gelder's memoir a try.

Thank you again,

Drowning Ophelia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.