Borderline personality disorder

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Khvde, May 5, 2016.

1. Khvde

Khvde Well-Known Member

Hi. Is there anyone with borderline personality disorder? :)
  2. princessofelegance

princessofelegance Well-Known Member

Me! Well EUPD. same as BPD but they changed the name of it in the UK.
  3. Khvde

Khvde Well-Known Member

I am happy they changed the name. Borderline personality disorder has extreme stigma.
    I have Attention Deficit Disorder as my diagnosed disorder but sometimes I wonder if my emotional disregulation is just ADD or something different. Specially because my psychiatrist suspects bipolar with ADD.
  4. Khvde

Khvde Well-Known Member

I was crying and suicidal for hours and now I feel powerful for hours. But I take medication for Attention Deficit Disorder and for me the side effect is hightened mood swings. So I dont know if it is about the med I take.
  5. Khvde

Khvde Well-Known Member

I read that if you have underlying depression, anxiety and mood swings problems, the medication for ADD might make those problems stronger.
  6. I have Borderline Personality traits so not the full disorder. I also am ADD but don't take anything for it.

Have you talked to your doctor about changing meds? There is one that I used to take called Strattera, it is not a stimulant so it should not affect mood (I could be wrong I am not a doctor). My doctor told me it is fairly common for adults. You should ask your doctor about that or another non-stimulant instead.
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
  7. Khvde

Khvde Well-Known Member

Here we have strattera medikinet ritalin and concerta. I tried them all. The first one is like an antidepressant others all methylphenidate.
    First one made me soooo sleepy it made things worse.
    Methylphenidate makes my mood swings more apperent but the other meds are all methylphenidate.
    So I dont have any other choice
  8. Can you function without ADHD meds? I don't take any and I do alright though I am a bit forgetful
  9. Khvde

Khvde Well-Known Member

Wow you have Adhd too. I am meeting people with adhd here. I thought I was the one and i was kinda ashamed of that.
    I started taking them one two months ago I am very new. I tried my best to function without them but my situation doesnt allow it anymore.
    Not only I have good amount of adhd I also try to go for a very tough education, a kind of education that is hard even people without adhd so my adhd med is necessary for me.
    By the way I am 22. :)
  10. I understand. I am lucky that I can get by without more meds (I am already on 5). My work is very scheduled so it is easier (I work in a group home) and there are reminders of the schedule everywhere. I still do forget stuff but it ends up alright (so far).

I was on Strattera and that helped but everyone is different (haven't tried any others). Also I am lucky I am not usually hyperactive (only when I am manic) so I am able to hide my ADD easier without meds, though it is not really a secret. I just have to plan on taking longer to do things that take any concentration.

I am 22 also :)
  11. Khvde

Khvde Well-Known Member

Can I ask what other meds do you use? :)
  12. I am on;
    Latuda 60mg (mood stabilizer)
    Mirtazapine 30mg (sleep aid and anti-depressant)
    Duloxetine 20mg (anti-depressant)
    birth control (mood stabilizer)
    Seroquel 50mg prn (for anxiety)
  13. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I have BPD. Fire any questions you have at me, I am currently in DBT therapy for it as pat of a research study.

I am on

Valium (30mg)
    Lexapro (20mg)
    Sertraline (200mg)
    Lyrica (600mg)
    Zyprexa (20mg)
  14. Khvde

Khvde Well-Known Member

Thank you Petal and BipolarGirl.
  15. Beka

Beka Well-Known Member

bpd here, also free to answer any questions! :)

No meds, all the ones I had increased my sh behaviour, just had a lot of DBT
  16. Khvde

Khvde Well-Known Member

Hi Beka. Nice to meet you here.

Do you start to think negative and then have a bad mood OR
    do you have a bad mood and then start to think negative?

I hope I was clear with my question.
  17. Beka

Beka Well-Known Member

Something negative always happens before a bad mood hits, but it's like a vicious circle because once a bad mood hits, more negative thinking happens.. It's exhausting haha
    Khvde likes this.
  18. Khvde

Khvde Well-Known Member

Thank you.
  19. nikhil

nikhil Member

concentration of mind helps. try it
  20. beatdown

beatdown Well-Known Member

I got many traits of bpd though it has mellowed out and if thats becouse of getting older or more depressed I dont know.