Borderline personality disorder

Status
Not open for further replies.
so since I was 12 years old I've been treated for depression, last week I had a proper diagnosis and they diagnosed me with borderline personality disorder with depressive episodes, I'm currently on sertraline and have been for a while, I currently have noticed my condition getting worse, I've started to notice that when people are trying to talk to me, it's like my brain starts thinking about things and I can't hear what the other person is saying and I also feel like sometimes when I'm arguing with someone it's like I'm watching someone else inside my head doing it and I can't stop it, I've started feel randomly agitated, panicky, like I can't breathe and I feel like I need to run or like I'm drowning, I don't know what to do

yozhik

Hey :) I'm obviously not a doctor but that sounds like it might be dissociation. In my experience I sometimes feel trapped in the back of my head while the rest of me acts, and I hear what the other person says but the words kind of break up and I can't figure out how to answer them, especially because I'm not really sure how much time is passing. Idk if that's the exact same as you...Anyway if it is I think dissociation is related to BPD but also PTSD/CPTSD. It might be something you should mention to your doctor....are you seeing a therapist?

Hey :) I'm obviously not a doctor but that sounds like it might be dissociation. In my experience I sometimes feel trapped in the back of my head while the rest of me acts, and I hear what the other person says but the words kind of break up and I can't figure out how to answer them, especially because I'm not really sure how much time is passing. Idk if that's the exact same as you...Anyway if it is I think dissociation is related to BPD but also PTSD/CPTSD. It might be something you should mention to your doctor....are you seeing a therapist?
That sounds so much like me!!! Thank you so much, I'm going to see my doctor tomorrow, I'm not seeing a therapist yet, I'm supposed to start seeing one in 6 weeks :)

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Good luck with seeing the doctor, remember to be honest and say everything on your mind. You can do this :) Sorry you have to put up with the triggers of BPD, I do too. I understand where you are coming from, I hope things improve for you :) Keep us in the know and updated because we really do care and want to see you get better and back on your feet.

Brian777

Safety and Support
SF Artist
SF Supporter
Hey @HelplessMummy, what you describe can also happen during a panic attack, dissociation or depersonalization, I've experienced similar feelings like not being connected to my body during a panic attack and it's pretty disconcerting. Also for BPD, I just started working on a book that uses DBT and mindfulness to treat that and other mental health problems, so far it seems pretty good, I'm working through it with a friend and it has given me some hope. Anyway, I'll leave a link below and hope you feel better soon.
Brian
https://www.amazon.com/Mindfulness-...0852&sr=1-3&keywords=the+mindfulness+solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00