BPD - Oh the mood swings are killing me

Imadeyouup

Hey all

My mood has swong around again to a depressive state mixed with anxiey - i'm feeling withdrawn and really glad its just me and the dog in the flat ( i live myself) because i'm a very hard person to live with because of the BPD - it actually fills me with sadness and makes me more depressed to know that.

Others with BPD here - is there hope of recovery?

Hope your all okay today.
Mal

Imadeyouup

I sincerely hope so because this shit is exhausting.

What kind of support do you have (other than your dog!) and are you receiving any therapy/meds to help?
Yes it is terribly exhausting isnt it!

Yes im on a mood stablizer and antidepressant combo - it really does work off of them im really bad although i still suffer mood swings and i do feel them on me its heavy thats for sure.

I'm currently waiting on NHS talk therapy but its only been a couple days since the letter was sent away and to be honest i can't wait to get in there and TALK, just talk to someone whom can show me better ways of coping and someone who i can just let myself relax with and just obsorb everything there saying. ya know?

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Yeah, I'm also on a mood stabilizer (lamotrigine) and antidepressant. But switching the lamotrigine to lithium next month so hoping that helps.

I've been paying for a weekly counsellor myself for the last year as the waiting list on the NHS was so long. But I'm just about to start an 18 month group therapy program - not sure what it entails yet as I've had very little information about it but at least it's something.

Imadeyouup

Yeah, I'm also on a mood stabilizer (lamotrigine) and antidepressant. But switching the lamotrigine to lithium next month so hoping that helps.

I've been paying for a weekly counsellor myself for the last year as the waiting list on the NHS was so long. But I'm just about to start an 18 month group therapy program - not sure what it entails yet as I've had very little information about it but at least it's something.
I hope it helps you out some - I've been on over 50 different meds for my mental health over a course of ten years and only 2 years ago did we find the one that helps.
Me and my Doctor have worked really hard to get me where i am today but im still not where i would like to be but i im starting to doubt i'll ever be there.

You know that I did pay for therapy as well privately because of the waiting on the NHS I went for three years i had to sotp becuase i couldnt afford it anymore.
Yes it IS something and maybe you never know it may well just be of some usefullness to you, you just never know.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00