Breaking under doubt

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by HalfBlind, Jul 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HalfBlind

HalfBlind Active Member

Lately, people have seemed less like living beings, and more like things that are in my way. I've had this feeling that people aren't real for some reason, and that their words, thoughts, and feelings are meaningless. That their lives are meaningless, yesterday I told a friend of mine that I have thought about killing her, just because she was starting to mildly annoy me... that's it, nothing more than mild discomfort would (in my mind) give me the reason to end her life, but we just laughed about it. I laughed because she seemed OK with it, she laughed because she must have thought I was joking. But later, thankfully, I regretted saying that because I realized that I too am human, and I'm no different from the people (or objects they seem to be turning into) I would hurt for disturbing the fragile tranquility of the deserted planet that seems to only exist in my head. The same action someone might take out of rage at a pet for damaging some furniture or the carpet. But I digress, I still seem to remember that I'm human, and that I complain ALOT about how people are constantly bothering me. Most of the time I really don't feel like harming anyone, I hope that someday, people will pay me that same respect.

BUT, everything that keeps me together is falling apart. And once the pieces fall, they rot, disappear, cease to exist, die, whatever.... One of those pieces are my personnel ethics. That hope I just shared, that "treat others how you want to be treated" policy is apart of the rules I set for myself that I try to live by. And it REALLY bothers me, which seems good at the moment. If I violate that rule, what makes me any different from the assholes that scream "fag" at me their car windows, or the people that judge me unfairly for my appearance? I really don't want to be like them. They appear so vain, stupid, and damaging. If I feel like I've become one of them, it would make my life seem so much more pointless. Isn't meaning what drives us? That thought that when we die that our life was helpful in some way?

This is a rut I'm in, And doesn't look like I'll be getting out at any point in the future.

2. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

do you mind my asking what meds you are on? it really sounds to me like a reaction to some meds (possibly). i went through this when i was on seroquel and topomax. it may not be it, but it's something to consider.

:please: :please: take care

3. HalfBlind

HalfBlind Active Member

seroquel, risperdal, clozaril, benzotropine, and zyprexa. And I don't think it's the meds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.