• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Broke up with Girlfriend

TSS

Well-Known Member
#1
I am borderline but could no longer handle the lies from gf. Now no hope and I dont really exist. I had a date for suicide which was comforting but had to disregard the date because of family stuff.
 

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
#6
I am borderline but could no longer handle the lies from gf. Now no hope and I dont really exist. I had a date for suicide which was comforting but had to disregard the date because of family stuff.
I'm sorry for all that you are going through TSS. I don't think it's right that you had to handle the lies from your gf. I am glad that you are still here though. *console
 

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
#7
I'm sorry, breakups are really crap. Many people come here / return here because of them and most of us have been through it. As devastating as that feels in the moment, it almost always needs time to adjust and you'll feel better about things. You deserve the truth in your relationship.
 

Atreides

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
#8
I had thoughts like this when I was younger, but I eventually realized that nobody should take their life over a breakup. No man or woman is worth it. I think when we're young we hear stories like the story of Romeo and Juliet and it puts this idea in our head that taking one's life over a boy or girl is somehow romantic. But it's far from romantic. It's just downright tragic. I know Romeo and Juliet is very different from your story. Your story involves lies and deceit. But still I think we're taught that ending one's life over someone else is somehow worth it. And we're taught that two people are somehow meant to be together. And we carry these ideas into every relationship until we realize that nobody is really meant to be together. Relationships just happen. They either work or they don't. I hope you find yourself in a relationship that works. And if you don't, I hope you come to realize that you're enough just as you are.
 
#10
But I am not and never will be. No one with Borderline is.
Says who, though? It's just an opinion. People with many terrible physical and mental disabilities are "enough." My husband has a profoundly disabling physical condition and it has hamstrung his life, but he still has been able to persist despite years of devastating blows.

Being "broken" is a subjective judgment. People come back from all kinds of things - opiate addiction, homelessness, deadly diseases. They simply keep taking baby steps forward. One day at a time. You can too.
 
#11
I'm sorry to hear what happened TSS. I know it sucks and feels like it's the end of the world, but give yourself time to heal. For now, everything is probably still fresh so it's normal to feel what you are feeling, but it's really not worth taking your life or hurting yourself over with, because of someone who isn't worth your time, care, love and affection. If anything, you should be proud of yourself that you've came to realize that things have to stop when it comes to putting up with those lies. You deserve better.
 

Jezah81

Well-Known Member
#12
Says who, though? It's just an opinion. People with many terrible physical and mental disabilities are "enough." My husband has a profoundly disabling physical condition and it has hamstrung his life, but he still has been able to persist despite years of devastating blows.

Being "broken" is a subjective judgment. People come back from all kinds of things - opiate addiction, homelessness, deadly diseases. They simply keep taking baby steps forward. One day at a time. You can too.
Always inspired reading your replies🙂
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top