Bulimia and constipation

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by stuckinchicago6, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stuckinchicago6

stuckinchicago6 Well-Known Member

Does anybody have this problem after throwing up for a few days???? It is so uncomfortable!!!!!!!!!! I have decided to not vomit today because it only makes me want to eat more like an hour later..... :pokeball::tiger:

2. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

This is perfectly normal. When you've been making yourself sick, you stop food moving through your digestive system. But this means that the waste thats already in your system waiting to be secreted doesn't get.. "pushed" through the digestive system, to be blunt. So it just kind of.. sits there. Because its getting to be older and older, it gets firmer and eventually very hard because a lot of water is absorbed from the waste over time. This makes it harder to be pushed out of your system when you start eating again and can make it very painful for some people.

Or at least, this is what I've been told happens. You need to drink plenty of water (or any other fluid really will do if you don't like water) and have plenty of fibre in your diet. Perhaps you could take some mild laxatives if this still doesn't help?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.