Bunch of Benign(ish) Blurbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

red head fred :)

Blurb # 1
I've seemed to reach an interesting stage of procrastination paired with apathy where instead of delaying work, I forgo it altogether. I want nothing more than to lie in bed forever or to fade away into nothingness, my lead arms and chest sinking infinitely deep into the comfort of resignation. Then there's the sadness, that familiar blanket of heavy darkness which often manages to bring some level of deranged comfort when draped over you, even if in the form of self pity. I don't breath anymore - only sigh.

Blurb # 2

Uncertainty floods the brain, submerging thoughts of the future into the unanswered questions of life. Living is much easier when one loses mental consciousness and simply stops trying to understand the complexities and mysteries that make up existence. Religion is so widespread because it masks uncertainty with a set of perfectly crafted answers. The mind stops struggling and slips into a state of peaceful slumber from which many never awake. On the other hand, many fight for the truth like they fight for air - even when there is none, resulting in the mind drowning violently and in anguish.

Blurb # 3

If some people are capable of more, is it meaningful for those who excel to still try? One might say it’s not the result but the process that truly matters; success is relative and anyone can be successful based on effort. Well my question is what is meaningful when it comes to achieving happiness? Is it the end result - happiness - that matters, or how hard you try in life? Are those with depression then failures in securing satisfaction with life, or are they the ones who are being put to the test and have to be especially strong? Furthermore, what does it matter if happiness is acquired? It may be enjoyable, but like everything else, will fade at some point, along as the person themselves.

Blurb # 4
In the midst of a thousand choices, the one answer we know is absolutely not the right one can be the most tempting simply because it’s familiar. Likewise, feeling sorry for yourself - dwelling in that terrible yet well known emotion can be the simplest and safest choice.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Blurb # 1
I've seemed to reach an interesting stage of procrastination paired with apathy where instead of delaying work, I forgo it altogether. I want nothing more than to lie in bed forever or to fade away into nothingness, my lead arms and chest sinking infinitely deep into the comfort of resignation. Then there's the sadness, that familiar blanket of heavy darkness which often manages to bring some level of deranged comfort when draped over you, even if in the form of self pity. I don't breath anymore - only sigh.

Blurb # 2

Uncertainty floods the brain, submerging thoughts of the future into the unanswered questions of life. Living is much easier when one loses mental consciousness and simply stops trying to understand the complexities and mysteries that make up existence. Religion is so widespread because it masks uncertainty with a set of perfectly crafted answers. The mind stops struggling and slips into a state of peaceful slumber from which many never awake. On the other hand, many fight for the truth like they fight for air - even when there is none, resulting in the mind drowning violently and in anguish.

Blurb # 3

If some people are capable of more, is it meaningful for those who excel to still try? One might say it’s not the result but the process that truly matters; success is relative and anyone can be successful based on effort. Well my question is what is meaningful when it comes to achieving happiness? Is it the end result - happiness - that matters, or how hard you try in life? Are those with depression then failures in securing satisfaction with life, or are they the ones who are being put to the test and have to be especially strong? Furthermore, what does it matter if happiness is acquired? It may be enjoyable, but like everything else, will fade at some point, along as the person themselves.

Blurb # 4
In the midst of a thousand choices, the one answer we know is absolutely not the right one can be the most tempting simply because it’s familiar. Likewise, feeling sorry for yourself - dwelling in that terrible yet well known emotion can be the simplest and safest choice.
Blurb 1: Me and you both. I'm having the hardest time motivating myself to give a damn.

Blurb 2: Uncertainty is a good thing. I purposely try to be uncertain as much as possible. If I am too certain about something, I leave no room for any kind of learning or growth. And what I think I'm certain about could still be wrong no matter how certain I may think I am. It's better to have doubts and questions than being naive enough to think you know for sure. Certainty causes stagnation. Humanity can't evolve into anything better in stagnation.

Blurb 3: You talk about happiness as though it were an end goal that will stay forever once you achieve it. This isn't the case. Happiness is a temporary state of mind, not a permanent one. There will always be obstacles and issues to overcome. No one will ever be permanently happy from any point onward. We become happy when we achieve small goals that don't mean much in the big scheme of things. The brain releases dopamine when you get that diploma you've worked for, and you're happy for the time being. But then the obstacle arises of finding a job and that happiness has disappeared again. Instead, the brain releases stress chemicals. Then you find a job finally after 6 months of searching, the brain releases more dopamine and you're happy again. Then the interview goes badly....and you get the idea. It's never going to be a permanent state of being. That's not how it works.

Blurb 4: Yes, familiar misery is more comfortable than the risk of a possible misery you're unfamiliar with. That's not just you.

gypsylee

SF Supporter
Blurb # 1

Blurb # 2

Blurb # 3

Blurb # 4
This is really well written. That is all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00