Bye birdie, i'll miss you baby.

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by welplayed, Nov 21, 2014.

1. welplayed

welplayed Member

People might have no idea what i'm feeling right now because of the loss of my pet, a lovebird, it's not a human, it's not a cat or a dog, it's only a bird, but that guy was the thing i have loved the most in these past 3 years, he was the one to help through so much shit that was going on, he would cheer me up everytime, he would not fail. I miss seeing him fly around the house, i miss him breaking my stuff, i miss him making me play with him while i had something very important work to get done. I'll miss the cuddless and the morning wake up ear bites. I'll miss everything about that little guy who i had since he was about 2 weeks old and i had to hand feed after his parents left him behind, i was hoping him to be around for at least 10 years but i guess i wasn't a good enough of an adoptive parent. Sorry for letting you go little birdie, i love you and i won't ever forget you. Heck, i can't stop crying for you, baby, been doing it for 2 days now. And i can't stop hearing your cheerful whistles everywhere i go.

[​IMG]

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

It wasn't only a bird, it was YOUR bird.
    Having had several parakeets, I know how awful it is when they are gone; birds have such personalities and they leave a huge hole when they die.:(
    I'm so sorry you lost such a lovely companion, perhaps, when you are ready, you could get another one?

3. TheStruggle

TheStruggle Active Member

I'm sorry... I have a lovie right now, so I completely understand what you mean. Your lovie was beautiful, and I'm so sorry for your loss.

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

He's not just a bird; they can become like part of your family. I know the feeling because I had 3 parakeets, and they all had unique personalities. I remember how upset I was when the last one died. I haven't had a pet since then, and that was close to 7 years ago. I'm sorry for your loss, I know it's not an easy thing to go through.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Your bird, a member of your family, a friend, company, its not only a bird. I really am very sorry, I used to keep birds in my room a few years back while I did feed them and do everything exactly right down to a tee they never lived long.

I love my cat (my nieces) millie and mikey, they ARE family. It would be weird if they weren't around rubbing the bottom of your legs when you go downstairs 'cos they want food!!

We are here for you :hug: I hope you can get through is this safely and with support.

6. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug:

Of course you miss him. Our pets are our family and friends, too! I looked at the picture you linked - how beautiful! I think you were a wonderful pet parent - hand feeding, making time to play, loving him. You were both so fortunate to have had each other and I'm glad you have good memories of the time you shared. :hug:

7. welplayed

welplayed Member

Thank you everyone. I've always loved birds but i always hated to have them, i always hated to see them in cages. I've always been against that, my mom loves me and is nice to me, and sorry for saying this here but she's fucking stupid, no matte how i tell her not to, she continues to buy couples of birds, put them in a cage, and then time after time lose them a few weeks or months afterwards, that's how i got Kiki, my lovebird, their parents escaped because she fucking forgot she left the cage open so i had to take of him, that's how Kiki escaped too, she forgot he was downstairs and she forgot she shouldn't open the back window of the house. I'm tired of seeing birds die on our house or escape to die of hunger days later in a painful way, now i think i'm going to move out from home without even telling her, she's nice but with pets she's really stupid, she's going to buy another couple to try to replace the emptyness and hole that my lovie left... The last couple she bought she made me hand feed and of course they still died because she got them from a fucking guy who had stolen them from the wilderness, i got to see them jump all around the place getting ready to make their first fly and then i had to see them die and not be able to reach their golden dream at least once, i'm tired of that... She knows that i'm against that and she still goes ahead and does it... I'll just try to hang in there somewhere else and i won't talk to her in a big time..

8. welplayed

welplayed Member

Sorry above the post above, i was so frustrated and sad and well i still am but i realised i shouldn't be saying those things about my mom, it was her fault but she didn't do it on purpose and she's probably feeling as bad as i'm feeling about the birdie not being here anymore, he was the center of our home, he kept things together...

9. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Official SF Hugger Staff Alumni

Sorry to hear your loss :( Parrots are very intelligent and affectionate. I know you bonded well. :hug: