Bye for a while....

Survivorist

Black sheep of my family....
Well, I have been in this forum for some time now and you guys are really great. It helped me a lot. In the meanwhile I stopped to drink, stopped to gamble, stopped to smoke, stopped to eat (I do this from time to time for several months), I organised my life and got rid of my financial problems. Now I have to concentrate on the next phase of my life - getting my wife to Spain and her daughter to study in France. So a lot of paper work, administrative BS, flights to book, insurance to be paid etc. etc,

Besides this - it's time to build up a little physically. I restart now gym (Wednesday, when I can pay), I continue to walk every day as much as I can (if its not raining or too cold), I make a lot of music, read - and enjoy being alone but not isolated or abandoned. Finally my little scooter will arrive this week and I am mobile - means I can go to the beach, paragliding and twice a week to judo (which is 30 KM from here, in the next big town). So, it took me since July 2022 exactly 18 months to get a little on my feet again. It does not mean, that I am not depressive from time to time or that sometimes I can simply not sleep. But I know now, that the next day will be different and something good will happen. And if its only that I sleep well.

I really changed a lot. This is a good thing. And I am not sure, if my input here is needed. I think I am sometimes to stupid to really understand the problems and write something only to give hope. And sometimes I did it wrong and gave wrong information.

So, I will check from time to time how you guys are doing. I see you again - when I break down again. And this will happen. I just do not know when. Until then - bye.

I'm glad things have gotten better for you and that SF has helped.

And I am not sure, if my input here is needed. I think I am sometimes to stupid to really understand the problems and write something only to give hope. And sometimes I did it wrong and gave wrong information.
If you post on the threads long enough, it's just a matter of time before you post something that is counterproductive or that someone objects to. The real questions are whether you're doing more good than harm, and you're willing to accept the bumps in the road that inevitably come along with trying to do something helpful.

If you're doing more good than harm, and you're willing to accept that you won't always get things right, I hope you'll keep posting on the threads. Of course it's good to try to maximize the good and minimize the harm, but that takes some practice.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00