Bye Mr Poodle

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Lorax, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

Oh, such a good boy. Just in love with everyone you ever met, but so clingy to "your" people. I know the last few weeks were hard.

The last week I had to see you hurting so bad, but you suffered in silence. You refused to let us know you hurt. I wonder if you gave that to me, or was it I, to you?

Last nite you looked so happy. So "normal" walking, eating, begging. Today you just sat there with me. Acting strong, and being your self. Thank you, for letting my last memory of you be so happy.

I think you knew it was our last meal. I never eat breakfast, but I enjoyed sharing it with you today. I enjoyed watching Futurama with you. I enjoyed our last kiss, last pet, last silent goodbye.

We both kind of 'knew' it, no wonder I tore my self up at work. But, now that it's final… I feel nothing right now. I just feel like watching the world around me. It's so peaceful out there. I wonder if I knew too? Waking up hours early, making us food, being so happy. Then when I left, it changed. I just knew something had been lost. But not my last friend…

I know I'l get hit full-force tomorrow. But, I am happy you are okay now. If we go anywhere, go see 'her' too. She loved animals. Say hi to Pops. Go push our hamster friend in her ball. I won't see you for a while, but tell them all I love them. As for you, I think we said it all earlier. With that last while together. I love you, please just be your self. I may be alone now, but you kept me alive through Hell. I'll be okay, just go chase our other love, miss poochie. Tell her I love her too.

Bye… thank you.
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

So sorry for your loss, but glad it was a good last day.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I am very sorry for your loss!! :hug:
  4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Sorry for loss. It's not nice when you lose a close person. Take Care Lorax. This