Calling all computer hackers...or chat experts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jodi

Staff Alumni
got a small prob....have a friend who's network doesnt allow for them to download instant messaging software.....and they cant load java....we try to communicate through e-mail...but am wondering is thier any thing else out there to try, that would be more real-time chat??? Thanks!!

John6491

Whats type of network is your friend using? Ive never heard of any network not allowing downloading of instant messenger programs.

Lowcorn

if u can figure out what there useing as far as a network goes i can help them DL just bout anything. itsent to hard to get round admin stuff nowadays

Jodi

Staff Alumni
well....not to sure thier...thier administrator is the goverment......any ideas?? will look into google talk and ebuddy.com thanks....any more ideas??

Jodi

Staff Alumni
the whole point is....this person is not allowed to acces any regular chat, msn, aol, google, none of them.....they are blocked behind thier firewall??? any sugesstions????

You could take down the firewall...but that isnt really a great idea I guess. :unsure:

ebuddy is a good one though. Its how I get around not being able to use MSN and AIM at school, I was gonna mention it but its been mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$110.00
Goal
$255.00