can depression and anxiety cause vertigo?

jovanovic

Public Access
i had vertigo for 2 months now, almost every second and it gets worse when i am trying to sleep.

can anxiey and depression cause this ?

Pennylane-

I've had vertigo three times in the past five years, the first time it knocked me off my feet for two weeks the second and third just a few days, I do think that stress and over work can be triggers and I also suffer with anxiety and depression and so it's possible they are related.

You will learn to sense it coming on, you need to try to stop what you're doing and look after yourself until you feel stable again. The doctor can give you medication for the nausea, if you can get someone to go in for you or take you in? I can call my doctor now and he just sends the prescription to my local chemists.

I hope it passes soon for you, keep in mind it WILL pass.

jovanovic

Public Access
I've had vertigo three times in the past five years, the first time it knocked me off my feet for two weeks the second and third just a few days, I do think that stress and over work can be triggers and I also suffer with anxiety and depression and so it's possible they are related.

You will learn to sense it coming on, you need to try to stop what you're doing and look after yourself until you feel stable again. The doctor can give you medication for the nausea, if you can get someone to go in for you or take you in? I can call my doctor now and he just sends the prescription to my local chemists.

I hope it passes soon for you, keep in mind it WILL pass.
i dont have nausea.

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
@jovanovic - I think that this warrants a quick visit to your doctor or medical provider. All kinds of things can cause vertigo/dizziness (e.g., flu, migraines, ear infections - to name a few). The important thing is that only a qualified medical person can make a diagnosis. I do hope you get this checked out. Must be crummy to have vertigo all the time! Take care. *hug*

jovanovic

Public Access
@jovanovic - I think that this warrants a quick visit to your doctor or medical provider. All kinds of things can cause vertigo/dizziness (e.g., flu, migraines, ear infections - to name a few). The important thing is that only a qualified medical person can make a diagnosis. I do hope you get this checked out. Must be crummy to have vertigo all the time! Take care. *hug*
i already been to the doctor 10 times, they cant find anything wrong with me.

of course its crummy, its a living hell.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Vertigo is most often caused by something in your ears.
Two things - have you taken decongestant (over the counter) for a week to see if it helps? And if not decongestant have you taken meclizine? It's also over the counter and is made for travel sickness but predominantly used for vertigo.
and two
There are crystals in your ear that get knocked out of place - often just by sleeping or from infection or pressure - and you can conk them back into place. There are youtube videos about how to do it. It involves lying flat and moving your head a certain way.
Either of those might work. I get vertigo several times a year.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00