Can depression change?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Beka, Jul 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beka

Beka Well-Known Member

I feel like my depression is turning into something else. I literally feel like I'm on edge all the time. Almost, giddy. I feel twitchy and everything is itching all the time. Like there's a million flying bugs crawling over my skin and under it. I don't know.

I feel suicidal. Not just that I need to do it. I want to do it. I feel like I'm going crazy. I want to sh ever where, not caring of the consequences.

I don't know what's happening to me. I keep forgetting how to spell words when I'm normally brilliant with that.

I'm also pretty sure that my fondness for all things magical is turning into an obsession. Mythical creatures could definitely exist.
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, Beka. Sounds to me like you might want to mention these things to your doc or mental health worker. I know for me, being depressed increased my anxiety, and I've had some intense physical symptoms...But not being doctors, here at SF we can't really say what's happening with you, hun. Could you call your doc and get an appointment in the next little while? I hope you feel better soon!
  3. snarrylover

snarrylover Well-Known Member

Depression is sometimes like a gateway - it can lead to lots of different things. Depression is easily diagnosed by doctors so what you have may not be depression but something else and it takes a while for others to realise that.
  4. Mayflower7

Mayflower7 Banned Member

Hi Beka,
    It's best to see your dr like others suggested, can be a number of conditions. Stress can make you more forgetful and anxiety can make you feel edgy. I hope you're feeling much better very soon. Post traumatic stress disorder can produce these signs as well. Your dr can diagnose and discuss treatment options with you.
    Take care
  5. Beka

Beka Well-Known Member

When I had my assessment they told me that I had severe depression, severe anxiety and severe psychological distress. I'm planning on going to my doctors tomorrow morning if I'm not too tired after my nightshift.
  6. Geworfenheit

Geworfenheit Member

Misspelling words in a way that seems unusual to you says that something is going on with your brain, if you ask me. Have you ever had imaging done?
  7. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

i think depression can change, yes. but no way will it happen overnight.

you just had to find something that works.. that could take a year or it could take 4- but i think it can get better
  8. Beka

Beka Well-Known Member

I've never had imaging done. I don't even know what that is! Haha.
    I don't think it's changed, I think more of it is just coming out if that makes sense? I've always pushed it away.
  9. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, Beka.

I think Geworfenheit meant an MRI or PET scan. If your doctor thinks you need one, s/he will suggest it. I could be wrong, but I don't think they are generally ordered for depression.

It makes sense to me that "more of it is just coming out" in terms of your feelings. My doc explained that sometimes I will feel worse after a session because we've talked about things I have squashed down. Opening our feelings a little bit means more of them rush to the surface, waiting for their turn to be let out.

It's OK to feel things - they are just feelings, and we don't have "act on them" or do anything except feel them.

I hope things settle down for you and that your feelings seep out in a manageable way. Be safe! :hug:
  10. Beka

Beka Well-Known Member

I don't feel safe with myself. I'm a danger to myself. I don't even feel safe enough to go to work. I know that they know and are very understanding about it all, for example if I need to go home they will let me. But I feel ridiculous because for the past few weeks I haven't been able to handle a full shift (I work 10hr nightshifts).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.