Can't accept myself

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by 2ndCity773, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ndCity773

2ndCity773 Active Member

I've posted before about my issues and I only come back here when things are really bad. I'm a guy in my mid twenties and my below average size penis destroys my self esteem. So bad that I have suicidal ideations. I'm 6'3" 250 pounds so my large frame only makes it appear smaller. And I'm not fat so losing weight wouldn't help. I'm fitness nut that weight trains 5 days a week. Exercise doesn't help but I will never stop training. I've tried everything I can to get over this issue but I feel like I've lost. I feel ashamed and worthless as a man. I hate my parents for their fucked up genetics and making me this way. I can't go to therapy or take meds or I will lose my job. I just wish I knew how to cope so I won't end up doing something I may regret. Thanks to anyone who took the time to read.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, I took the time to read all of your post, what hit me the most was when you wrote 'I only come back here when things get really bad'. So. that leads me to believe you are in a crisis. I am not in love with myself but I am above average in the looks department and in my mid 20's and female, not asking you out here haha but more-so trying to make a point. I love a guy that has real strong overwhelming confidence and humour, I would not care if his penis was half an long as he treated me well that's all that matters. And there are plenty more women out there who think like me. Please don't do anything silly and since you cannot seek the support meds or therapy,I urge you to confide in a friend or the samaritans..they are awesome. Best of luck to you.
  3. 2ndCity773

2ndCity773 Active Member

I sincerely thank you for your response. It shows that there is humanity left in this world. Im usually good at being reasonable when things get out of control but sometimes I scare myself when I feel that my coping mechanisms are not working.Communication does help so I guess the best thing I can do is to reach out.But its very difficult because this is such an embarrassing issue for me. I really mean it when I say thanks.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You are most welcome,genuinely!! I can understand that the issue can be very embarrassing and humiliating for you, so maybe talking to strangers and seeing their point of view is your first step to overcoming this x
  5. 2ndCity773

2ndCity773 Active Member

I know thousands of guys deal with this issue but I was wondering if there are any ways that can boost my self esteem. At this point there is no light at the end of the tunnel. When I'm erect its just under 5 inches and the girth only at 4 inches which is not much at all. I'm not gay (not that there is anything wrong with that) but I was at the gym and I wasn't trying to look but there were so many guys with way bigger penis's than me and I was too embarrassed to shower. Not only that but its their confidence they exude that makes me feel horrible. I just don't want to feel like this anymore.
  6. me84

me84 Active Member

Women are very different when it comes to intimacy. For example if you truely love a woman the size does not matter to us. Most women are so worried the will not compare to the models seen every day they will also be self conscious. Real love will shine through and nothing else will matter when you are standing undressed in front of one another.
  7. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

You know, I bet you all those men who you think have a bigger penis, might be looking at you and others and think the same. I think that even with women (although we have no penis lol) we worry about having a normal vagina. I think that maybe you can sort of talk about it with your gf/wife? if she's open to that type of thing, and maybe she can help you gain self esteem when it comes to your penis. Or maybe arrange a session with a sexologist to sort of support and re-assure you?

me84 is right, not all women think about the size. And there's so much more than just penetration in sexuality and love. I think that if both of you enjoy your intimacy then there shouldn't be a I said, maybe positive thinking and support could boost your self esteem :)
  8. CD110

CD110 Well-Known Member

As a very 'small' guy in his late 20s who is short and somewhat obese to boot, I don't understand your feeling of worthlessness. People accept that there is a range for these things and that everyone has to fall somewhere within that range. It's not abnormal, it's natural and as healthy as any other. People who would humiliate or berate a guy just for that are no better than racists, homophobes or sexists - awful people and not worth the time of day. Now, if it were a fear of not being able to please a partner, that I could understand. It's one of the things that have kept me out of relationships so far. But even for that, there must be alternatives and substitutes, not to mention partners that would be just the right size for your particular member. Not to sound condescending, but I think you have it better than I do, and you're obsessing for no good reason. Oh, and you're obsessing about being literally 1 inch below the average, which makes it all the sillier. I'm like half that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.