Can't believe how long it's been

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Doodle, May 13, 2013.

1. Doodle

Doodle Well-Known Member

It was many years ago, but a few days ago was the anniversary of my cousins death. He committed suicide at the age of 12. He was older than I was, so I didn't really learn much about why until I was older. He had been bullied quite a bit in school, apparently. It's so sad, to want to kill yourself at such a young age. But it's been so long ago I just about missed his death anniversary. His dad died two years later so I don't know if there's anyone who really thinks about it. Perhaps my grandmother. She's...the one who found him. I can't imagine what that must've been like for her. But he made a big impact on my childhood; he was my favorite cousin, afterall. I don't know what life would've been like if he were still alive, but I just thought I would share this short old story that no one sheds tears over anymore. Because there used to be a little boy who would brighten my world and I just wanted to take the time to remember him again.

Thanks for reading this, whoever you are.
  2. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Thank you for your memory Doodle. It made me remember someone I lost almost fifty years ago.
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

The best way to memorialize someone is to think of the special times you had together, and to live in the spirit of the person
  4. Doodle

Doodle Well-Known Member

Yes, thank you. It's been so long ago. But I do try and remember him and what he meant to me as a child.