• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Can't check mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipetele

Aspiring person
Haven't checked my mail in over a month because of this loan-debt thing that I'm trying to get sorted and they sent me an answer in the mail rather than through their website email system. Can't bring myself to do it, it's causing me too much stress and I can't help distracting myself with entertainment rather than dealing with real world issues. Also just got a reply to an email I sent months ago and I can't bring myself to open it. I try to get up between 7-9 but still end up getting up around noon. I'm just not functioning at the moment. I don't feel strong and I don't know what I can do to "man up" and be ready to face the real world again

1964dodge

When a 1965 Dodge just isn't enough
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
have you talked to your doctor/therapist about this? maybe it would be less stressful to open the mail and know then deal with it.

lightning05

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling so much @Chipetele . Do you think having someone go with you to check the mail or be with you when opening the email will make it better? As for getting up early, set a few alarms this way you force yourself to wake up. Maybe take a walk around the block to get some fresh air and to boost your mood a little. Do you have a therapist?

Chipetele

Aspiring person
thanks guys. Just got all the letters out of the mail and I'm shaking and losing it and I haven't opened all of them yet. Opened one from the....whatever it's called when they're claiming money....for a dentist bill that I'm sure I/my dad paid. Next to last letter I got said if I don't pay within the deadline they'll look at "additional options" and used a word that's really making me shake rgith now and I can't deal with this, that the price would go up if they would involve....I dunno, judicial methods..whatever that means. worried I'm being sued or will have to go to court or prison or wtf. Can't bring myself to open anymore elletrs tonight, I'm a wreck rn

1964dodge

When a 1965 Dodge just isn't enough
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
I don't know where you are from but in the u.s. and most countries you can't go to jail uness you commit fraud. and unless you have a lot of assets what can they take, I wouldn't worry about it if you can make an arrangement with them if you can't deal with one problem at a time if it develops. I hope things get better for you debt is awful don't let it crush you. and come here as often as you need to, we care about you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$195.00
Goal
$255.00