Can't cope with this anymore (Language)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruby

Depression.'Depression' isn't a strong enough word. This illness that is treatable. Is it? Is it really? I'm sorry but I don't think it'll ever go for me. THREE AND A HALF YEARS LATER and I've still got it. If it was a person I'd kill it. It's in me, this 'depression'. IT WON'T GO. Antidepressants havent helped, nor has 'therapy'. I should just let it win. What's the point in living with this misery EVERY FUCKING DAY?

I know how you feel. Depression is disgusting, terrible. It has sucked every last bit of energy from me. Every single day is complete misery. I can only hope and pray that one day the feeling will pass, and life will be enjoyable. It HAS to happen. I can't put up with this for much longer.

I would do anything to make this go away.

I can see exactly where u r comin from ruby! It DOES seem like this 'illness' will never leave me be, its a awful feeling to b so helpless. we cant have an operation to get rid of it, and it seems unfair to me! However, i have spoken to people who have gotten through it and they have told me that once its over u will realise how easy it was all along, its just that at the moment our vision is clouded and we r weighed down up depression. Hope is all we have, dont lose that!

i've felt depressed from like last january,february i havent been able to think straight. id even crashed my car and put a plastic bag over my head. Over the past three weeks however, somehow i managed to drag myself up and out the state id being suffering in. Now however its slowly drifting back and im feeling kind of down. its so ard to defeat the horrible feelings..write back..

downmage

I think I agree with all you above posters..I take meds, and I think about doing myself in all the time. It's like a fog..that never seems to lift. I do all kinds of " new-age " things like meditation and affirmations and stuff like that..but the pain always comes back. I am at the point that I don't want to leave the house. There's nothing outside that interest's me.

I think meds work for some people and some people their useless on. :ohmy:

P

ProzacDeathWish

I think I agree with all you above posters..I take meds, and I think about doing myself in all the time. It's like a fog..that never seems to lift. I do all kinds of " new-age " things like meditation and affirmations and stuff like that..but the pain always comes back. I am at the point that I don't want to leave the house. There's nothing outside that interest's me.

I think meds work for some people and some people their useless on. :ohmy:
I feel very similar to you. I have tried every kind of medication and I do not respond to any of them. Self-talk is worthless. There is no approach that has any value. I have run out of any constructive options. When I read hopeful words of encouragement I just want to laugh and shake my head. I thought to myself, "Are you kidding me ? You are so incredibly naive."

I'm middle-aged now and have been trying to treat this emotional agony since I was 19. Nothing has worked.

I will eventually resort to my last and final option....not because I want to,
but because I have to. I am tired of fighting a war with no hope of victory.

S

Sam229

Depression.'Depression' isn't a strong enough word. This illness that is treatable. Is it? Is it really? I'm sorry but I don't think it'll ever go for me. THREE AND A HALF YEARS LATER and I've still got it. If it was a person I'd kill it. It's in me, this 'depression'. IT WON'T GO. Antidepressants havent helped, nor has 'therapy'. I should just let it win. What's the point in living with this misery EVERY FUCKING DAY?

Dude, holy crap, this is MY post. You wrote my brain.

Doesn't make it suck any less, but thanks.

I'm middle-aged now and have been trying to treat this emotional agony since I was 19.
I'm afraid that'll be me.

I'd like to be on so much medication that I feel numb, maybe that will work.

To me, depression is usually a vague term of self-depreciation. Guilt, for having outgrown and or rejected the timesponges, novelties, myths and futilities that youth has yet to and the dense never will.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00