Can't get started on my work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordeci

Banned Member
Basically I have a paper due on wenesday for this class, but I am too depressed to even get strated on it. I had friday, saturday, and sunday off and I did no work, I could barley get out of bed let alone take a shower. It just seems so pointless, I am probably going to fail anyway I am not that bright to begin with. All my free time has been spent eating and calling suicide prevention hotlines, I see no way to get motivated, I am probably going to fail this paper, flunk out, and end up killing myself because I have no options in life.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
call professor let him know you are ill again get an extension get note from you pdoc as well this will help you get the assistance you need to get started and finished on the paper. Can youget into emergency and just talk to pdoc there get medication add on to maybe help with your depression. Sometimes under pressure we do our best work. Small steps okay tell your self you will get one page done then take a break the do another page and so on YOU CAN do this one step one word one line at a time okay just do it.

Mordeci

Banned Member
call professor let him know you are ill again get an extension get note from you pdoc as well this will help you get the assistance you need to get started and finished on the paper. Can youget into emergency and just talk to pdoc there get medication add on to maybe help with your depression. Sometimes under pressure we do our best work. Small steps okay tell your self you will get one page done then take a break the do another page and so on YOU CAN do this one step one word one line at a time okay just do it.
I tried to get an extension, under the school rules depression dosen't count as something that would give me an extension on papers and test, they said the extent of my illness had to be limit me and an extension would be the only way to put me on a leval playing field with my classmates. I can't afford an emergency room visit so that's out of the question, it's all too much.

Akita

I can relate to this... I failed last year because I was too depressed to do any work at all. Depression has gotten so bad that I can't even get up to go to school. I've missed the last four weeks so I'm going to have hundreds of papers and I won't be able to do one. Also got a letter from the truant officer. Can't miss another day but that's impossible for me right now. They don't care that I'm depressed and suicidal.

Mordeci

Banned Member
I put today as a work day, figured I would get at least four to five pages done, it is now 5:40 and although I feel good from sleeping alot, I only got one page done, and that was pretty much just a copy and paste effort from a previous assignment, and I still can't get going.

lurktheshadows

I have the same problem...I pretty much just stopped going to all of my classes. I know it's overwhelming, and I know it's difficult, but just keep trying. And if you can't, you can't...there are other options, you can go back in a semester, you can get a job and work for a while instead. I just wish someone would have told me that.
Don't blame yourself, and don't spend too much time wallowing in guilt (I did that a lot), it's a waste, instead you can be working towards mental stability: going to a therapist, taking meds (or holistic things..vitamins, eating better etc.), exercising.
I know, it seems impossible, but it's not. It will be ok, I promise. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$130.00
Goal
$255.00