can't sleep :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

silentlyfading

Every time I close my eyes I see images. Its usually me committing suicide in various ways. Recently the have become more twisted. The latest one is me <edit mod total eclipse triggering> does anyone know how to stop this?

Last edited by a moderator:

flowers

Hi. I see you are a new member. I am glad you are here. This is a very good and caring community.

I totally agree with what total Eclipse suggested. Do you have a doctor who can prescribe something? What you describe is helped a lot by the right medication. I hope you will do this soon. Because lack of sleep does often make matters worse. Glad you reached out here. Please keep posting as much as you want.

silentlyfading

My doctor suggested I should stop taking my anti psychotics due to them causing scaring on my liver. So its another sleepless night for me. Yes emily83 nothing worse than staying awake over thinking things its a vicious cycle

flowers

what about something to help you to sleep. Hopefully to shorten the time that you are tourmented by these images before falling asleep? I figure you have thought of that already. But I wanted to write it anyway.

silentlyfading

I've tried the herbal sleep remedies none seems to work. Ive tried sleeping tablets in the past but they only made me more distant if that makes sense

demuredawn

did your doc suggest any alternative anti-psychotic.... for instance, i'm on seizure medication, and for about 20 yrs i was on depakote for them... #1 you aren't supposed to take depakote that long and #2 they can cause severe probs with the kidney and liver, eventually i was taken off them b/c they seemed to be less effective than they started out, but also b/c they were getting very concerned depakote would damage my internal organs because i'd been on it so long.. they gave me zonisamide (zonegran) and lamictal.... which also carry risks of possible trauma to the internal organs but because it is slightly different, they are not as concerned of the potential build up as they were with depakote.... they still keep an eye on it through blood work, but they just basically switched it out. maybe there is an anti-psychotic that would be acceptable to your docs and help you out too.. if u are seeing these things while you are awake, then you do need something to calm psychosis...

silentlyfading

It was depakote that I was on, and no no alternative as oc yet only recently cycled back to the lows so have myself booked into see my doctor tomorrow so fingers crossed he will prescribe something

flowers

Fingers......... and arms crossed (hard typing that way)

I am sending a lot of good thoughts to this doctor and you. I hope you can get put on something tomorrow.

you should try 5-HTP and melatonin; my dad made my sister and I take them, and they really helped.. check it out..

By increasing your levels of serotonin with 5-HTP, you're thus also increasing your levels of melatonin - but probably not sufficiently for an advanced sleep formulation, which is why additional melatonin is recommended. Melatonin has also been found to improve immune function, to help improve stress-induced immunodepression, and to be beneficial for a long list of degenerative diseases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00