CBD Oil

LonelyHiker

Incidental aka FairWeather™
SF Supporter
I haven't, but an acquaintance has and has seen some benefit from it. I might look into it myself, if it turns out that I am not, in fact, living on borrowed time.

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
I use a good CBD oil (not the mass produced shit that most people sell) and it has done wonders for my sleep, energy levels and pain but absolutely nothing for my depression or anxiety.

Maybe the stuff with THC would help more for these but it's difficult to source in the UK.

Thanks for all the input, I've been doing as much research as possible, there is a local shop here that makes it in a spray and vape form. I guess i could give it the old college try and see what happens.

Maybe the stuff with THC would help more for these but it's difficult to source in the UK.

Feel your pain, in my experience THC is the only thing that positively effects my depression in terms of medication but the UK is so far behind on cannabis reform and when you put the words mental health with the words cannabis people seem to assume your using depression as an excuse to get stoned off your bonce. Shame about that. But then it does give some people depression. But then so does alcohol...
Might move to Canada soon

Last edited:
i use it for pain. i started using it in vaping....and i never vaped before and i feel my anxiety is improved. i feel like i don tthink of scary urges i used to have. if its what is working then it is saving my life from doing something horrible.

I use a good CBD oil (not the mass produced shit that most people sell) and it has done wonders for my sleep, energy levels and pain but absolutely nothing for my depression or anxiety.

what kind do you use? just curious. and are we allowed to say brands here?

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
On a scale of 1-10 how good is it with 10 being excellent. It was recommended to me a while back by someone but I never tried it, I might buy some today if I can find it.

Egg119

SF Supporter
I've been using cbd capsules for a couple of weeks now, and I feel much calmer/more stable in my moods. Whereas before if anything went wrong it would result in me throwing a tantrum, or crying, now I seem to take a more balanced view of things. Of course this may just be a placebo effect, but I'll take what ever I can get to be honest :)

Thanks for all the input, I've been doing as much research as possible, there is a local shop here that makes it in a spray and vape form. I guess i could give it the old college try and see what happens.
The vape was of mixed value. The oil is most effective for me b/c I could monitor my results to find the right dosage. I liked it a lot b/c it didn't make me feel any type of way except calmer and more focused. My problem is that I forget to take it.

My friend's elderly father is on it for pain and is likewise having good success with it.

If you're going to try it, get the best product you can afford. Go for CBD, not hemp oil.
Good luck with it.

MusicMoggy

I tried it for anxiety and sleep probs, didn't help but there are so many strengths out there, didn't really have a clue. One thing I hadn't realised it was good for is pain. It really did work for that, but isn't very long lasting, but then most pain meds aren't.

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
A friend gave me a sample of a CBD cream that includes lidocaine. She got it from her chiropractor. It really does help, so I ordered some online. I use it for lower back pain. Am also looking into 'hemp' CBD edibles. Hemp has very little THC in it and apparently is legal in US of A. Have ordered some to try for anxiety and more diffuse pain then that focused in my back. Will let you know how it works out. Am currently reading a special Time magazine publication called 'Marijuana, the Medical Movement. It has some excellent and well balanced articles on the pros and cons of the substance. Basically it does seem to help in many instances, but there is still much that it unknown about it. And research will remain limited as long as it is a Schedule I drug in US of A. So it remains a touchy subject.

Slothish

I've been using it on and off for a few weeks and it has made a difference, takes the edge off for lack of a better way of saying it. I do find that the CBD mixed with Indica THC has definitely helped with my sleep. It may be all placebo but I'll take anything I can get at this point. I'm going to start a more regulated regime and will report in how it goes.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00