• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Celebrate your successes!

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I was successful at an eating contest. I ate 10 pies, 20 hot dogs and a 3 quart churn full of butter. They got made because they wanted me to eat only the butter and not the churn itself. Folk can be funny that way sometimes. :)
 

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Let's all create a success and then celebrate it?

This is mine: listen to meditation daily for a week

@1964dodge @na-taya @cymbele @britishbloke @KM76710 @lost_in_a_fairytale @Lilmeowmeow @Witty_Sarcasm @Auri @Ash600
I'm not sure what counts as meditation, when I wake up every morning I have anxiety and have tried closing my eyes and just focusing on a specific noise outside my window like birds singing or cars driving past (still plenty despite lockdown!) and sometimes that has helped calmed me down. Is that sort of like meditation?!

Hmmm, not sure what goal I can set.... it would be nice to be able to become calm enough to get through at least one day without crying and/or thinking negatively *wacko
 
@lost_in_a_fairytale I guess meditation is a broad term, I guess listening to the birds chirping and other relaxing sounds at sunrise counts. I have terrible anxiety in the morning too which is why I chose meditation as my success. If it relaxes you, go for it :)
ugh I hate it so much. Soon as I wake up reality hits me again and the anxiety is overwhelming. If I'm not too tired and can force myself out of bed I find going for a walk first thing gets rid of my anxiety to a large extent, at least physically if not mentally. I have been lucky that a couple of days the past week I've woken up with barely any anxiety so those days made a nice change. Have you ever listened to ASMR videos on youtube? they work magic for my anxiety usually.
 

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
@lost_in_a_fairytale I guess meditation is a broad term, I guess listening to the birds chirping and other relaxing sounds at sunrise counts. I have terrible anxiety in the morning too which is why I chose meditation as my success. If it relaxes you, go for it :)
One of the ways I found to be great is in how you breathe. I can drive my doctor crazy when I go in like a couple of weeks ago for my every 6 month visit to refill prescriptions. He breaks out the stethoscope and does the breathe in and breathe out. Most Americans breathe quick and short. With me each breath in and out is about 10 seconds each.
 

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
ugh I hate it so much. Soon as I wake up reality hits me again and the anxiety is overwhelming. If I'm not too tired and can force myself out of bed I find going for a walk first thing gets rid of my anxiety to a large extent, at least physically if not mentally. I have been lucky that a couple of days the past week I've woken up with barely any anxiety so those days made a nice change. Have you ever listened to ASMR videos on youtube? they work magic for my anxiety usually.
Honestly, within 60 seconds of waking, literally I am taking anti anxiety medicine, are you on any? It definitely sets me up for the day (90 percent of the time) but I do get anxiety spikes all day long, its a constant struggle and battle. I'm glad you find that walking helps. I exercise near-daily too, it does help and I feel a sense of accomplishment after doing it. What is ASMR? :)
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top