• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Celebrate your successes!

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Some call ASMR ear or head tingles, just a sound that gives fun and pleasing feeling to your hearing. A soft whisper. Some find the sound of typing gently on a keyboard the same. Almost hypnotic like to many people.
Wow, that sounds amazing, I'll definitely get looking into that, thank you.
 
Honestly, within 60 seconds of waking, literally I am taking anti anxiety medicine, are you on any? It definitely sets me up for the day (90 percent of the time) but I do get anxiety spikes all day long, its a constant struggle and battle. I'm glad you find that walking helps. I exercise near-daily too, it does help and I feel a sense of accomplishment after doing it. What is ASMR? :)
No I'm not on any meds, I've never actually been to a doctor about anxiety. I had it a lot 7 years ago to the point it made me suicidal but I managed to calm down as the years went on. Had 3 years with barely any which was great but it came back a couple years ago after multiple deaths close to me, illness, toxic people, etc. Was awful for months last year then settled down. Was fine most of this year until this past month with my friend snapping triggering it off again and I've been stuck with it everyday since 😫 yeah I know what that's like, feels calm for a while then pops back up ugh.

ASMR = autonomous sensory meridian response. It's that nice calming tingly feeling you get like when someone plays with your hair. People upload videos of them making various sounds by a mic like tapping, water spraying, scissors, etc and it's very calming and can give you that tingly feeling. It can make you drowsy too so good for sleeping. I find it kinda hypnotises me, I forget everything and just focus on the sounds
 

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
It's that nice calming tingly feeling you get like when someone plays with your hair.
That sounds amazing, definitely will look into it tomorrow when i'm not half asleep lol Thanks for the explanation, you learn something new everyday :)

If the anxiety makes you suicidal again, please promise me you will see a doctor or therapist? You're awesome, we don't want to lose you. Sorry to hear about your losses, dealing with grief is difficult. I am the anxiety queen :D My life literally translates to anxiety or no anxiety, so you have my full support plus feel free to talk to me anytime, I'm here every day *hug
 

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
It's that nice calming tingly feeling you get like when someone plays with your hair. People upload videos of them making various sounds by a mic like tapping, water spraying, scissors, etc and it's very calming and can give you that tingly feeling. It can make you drowsy too so good for sleeping. I find it kinda hypnotises me, I forget everything and just focus on the sounds
Me being bald if someone was playing with my hair I would be get your hands off my...

I do agree though, many of the sounds people put on YouTube can be quite relaxing if you find the right trigger for yourself.
 
Me being bald if someone was playing with my hair I would be get your hands off my...

I do agree though, many of the sounds people put on YouTube can be quite relaxing if you find the right trigger for yourself.
haha.. there's a woman I watch who makes ASMR videos that are mostly her talking to the camera with the sounds and whenever she does hairdressing roleplays she always mentions or if you don't have hair that's ok too... I'll just scratch your scalp instead lol.

Yeah, it's great. I'm so glad I discovered ASMR. I heard people mention it a few years ago and wondered what it was, didn't bother to google it just went straight to youtube and watched and found it bizarre and confusing at first. I thought *this is weird...wait a minute I'm getting that tingly feeling....is it meant to do that or what...* then I googled it and found out that was the purpose of it. Looked into it more and found lots of channels I love watching that have been very helpful in calming me down or getting me to fall asleep in peace
 
That sounds amazing, definitely will look into it tomorrow when i'm not half asleep lol Thanks for the explanation, you learn something new everyday :)

If the anxiety makes you suicidal again, please promise me you will see a doctor or therapist? You're awesome, we don't want to lose you. Sorry to hear about your losses, dealing with grief is difficult. I am the anxiety queen :D My life literally translates to anxiety or no anxiety, so you have my full support plus feel free to talk to me anytime, I'm here every day *hug
You're welcome :) lots of great channels to check out. I recommend ASMRSurge, ASMRMagic, ASMRSleepyHead, ASMR Bakery, and StacyAster for just the sounds but if you'd like to check out people who whisper and do the sounds then I recommend Karuna Satori ASMR, Gentle Whispering ASMR, Gibi ASMR and Marno ASMR.

Yes I will. I was considering going to the dr when it was that bad (suicidal) back all those years ago but couldn't get the guts to pick up the phone and make the appointment. Yeah all the grief has been very hard.

Thank you, that's very kind and very appreciated :)
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top