Chat problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

U too Petal:)

@baywasp sorry I can't see private chat or go in chatroom and see anything. U guys probably see me trying to go in but I couldn't see anything, so that is what happened if u guys were wondering. Thank u tho. Hopefully, I will be able to get this solved soon.

Dawn

U too Petal:)

@baywasp I can see u have private chat me but I can't see what u said. U guys probably saw me trying to go into chat, but i can't see anything for some reason, but I think it is my phone because I've been having problems with it. Just wanted to tell u guys what was going on. Hopefully, I can get this fixed soon thanks

Jazlyn

Sometimes I have that issue. I'll try and click on the name and it will reroute me back to whoever I was talking to before. Hope it gets fixed

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
It is the same cookies issue you were having with being "logged out" Dawning. I am guessing you are using mobile device. Somehow the site bookmarked/saved in mobile device is not the one with the active session cookie. First log out of chat and forum- make sure you click the "x" to close the chat room when done chatting- not just close sf - then you need to delete/clear all your sf links form mobile and then redo making sure type in the www.suicideforum.com/community or www.sucidedforum.com and then click the use forums and chat now link. Do not use autocomplete and go or anything- type the full address so that whatever is saved in your phone is in fact the session in current use.

There have been reports here and there about this issue arising when not closing chat when close forum then chat thinks you have a chat window open so on the "new session" it is not making it available again. I have tried to duplicate it to try to figure out what the issue is or how to resolve it but cannot duplicate so have not been able to isolate what the exact issue but the common factor and fix seems to be making sure that you click the x to close the chat room so that both the chat program and the forum (which are two completely separate programs) are referring to the same session cookie.

Like most things with computers and smart phones, clearing cache and cookies on a semi regular basis helps prevent issues- particularly with a secure site like SF if you come and go multiple times a day so soon have multiple cookies with different identifiers telling other parts of the platform what are logged into and out of and what threads have read, etc. It is particularly an issue using older versions of browsers or older hardware that is not optimized to the way updated sites run, or with newer devices and browsers if security settings are turned up high (a good idea in general but requires you to make sure the individual programs have permissions or exceptions as needed to run.

Sorry for the headaches @Dawning - I know it can be very frustrating when trying to do stuff and keep having issues. ((hugs))

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
Sometimes I have that issue. I'll try and click on the name and it will reroute me back to whoever I was talking to before. Hope it gets fixed
As in the reply above to Dawning -when manage to click on a previously used chat it is sending you back to the session cookie identified as active by the chat and forum platforms- so accomplishing the same thing in a faster way..

Dawn

Thank u everybody, much appreciated. It is my cheap phone that really sucks doing this I'm sure.(I have had lots of probs with it) @jmpmaster that made it work again, u were right.

Would using private browsing mode (incognito) help? I am almost always on mobile and use private mode.
Yes! Great idea when it does that a lot I will go in that mode or just stay in that mode.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00