Chat Updates - Please Report Problems Here!

Megan.

SF Supporter
There have been new updates to chat the past 24 hours (April 25th & 26th, 2017). The changes are mainly styling and emotes. Mobile users may find it takes some time for the changes to propagate.

Please post here with any problems you experience so that those problems can be fixed.

Also, post here if you have a strong opinion or ideas about changes to chat one way or another. There are more changes on the way, so this is a good time and place to make your voice heard.

Jack D

SF Supporter
I don't know if its just me with this opinion, but I feel the chatroom with just "support topics" is largely ineffective. Don't get me wrong its a great idea and I like it, but each time I go on there it seems to be users just staying quiet and not saying anything at all, I dont feel its very welcoming.

Tommo44

I don't know if its just me with this opinion, but I feel the chatroom with just "support topics" is largely ineffective. Don't get me wrong its a great idea and I like it, but each time I go on there it seems to be users just staying quiet and not saying anything at all, I dont feel its very welcoming.
Some people just like to go to chat and read the convos, some people are probably nervous or shy or they feel like they have nothing to offer.

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
@Tim thank you SO much for the updates - everything seems to be working well that I have seen. Thanks so much for working on it :)

Wiltingone

Awesome job Tim!!! I think you mentioned that we will be able to see how different emotes were created. Is that feature available now or coming soon? Will a list of emotes be available as well? Love having them back!

Still having problems missing messages and needing to refresh really often. But that may be specific to me and my phone but I've heard the same from other mobile users.

Thank you so much for all your work and thank you Ben for the chat upgrade!!!

Either nobody is in chat right now which is unlikely because it says there are 5 users online in the social chat, or I can only see my own messages. I'm currently on mobile, iPhone 4 using safari.
Thanks Tim!

GildedFlowers

Blooming Blossoms
Some people just like to go to chat and read the convos, some people are probably nervous or shy or they feel like they have nothing to offer.
Tommo is correct....because I do this a lot. I just like knowing there are others nearby sometimes. Kinda silly, but similar to when you leave the Tv on just to hear it and not watch it. The tv wasn't made for that, but it's still a secondary purpose.

Citizen Insane

Emote Encyclopedia
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
Tim, awesome work mate. :) ! My emote skills don't even amount to the toenail on your baby toe :P Haha! Thanks Emote king!

DouglasW

SF Supporter
Styles on popout are still blue bubbles etc.

Tooltip on emoji in most recent message is outside window. Minor.

Have not seen anything else

Hi I am having the problem that it's not always notifying me when I get a pm I am on a mobile so I am having to open the conversation to see if they have and even so I am not replying back to conversations because it's not telling me I have a pm so I don't know I am worried people think I am ignoring them which isn't the case. Other than that I am liking the new chat update and glad the emojis have made a comeback as I was missing them felt like l could express myself fully or share the love with hugs and I am always full of them to give out. Lol. Other than that great job!

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
There is a few glitches with mobile which are frustrating - there is another update we are about to do which hopefully will eliminate some of the mobile issues. Thanks for the feedback Becky.

Lost

Staff Alumni
The Chat bar at bottom of window has completely disappeared on me. Using desktop and chrome.

Doesn't work on Explorer either. Cleared cookies and cache. Still no joy.

Last edited:

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
@lost81 I asked Tim and he said he doesn't really know but it might be something to do with the propagation of files from the update. Can you give it a couple of hours and report back? Sorry that isn't very useful. Sometimes also my chat bar won't load if my internet is going particularly slowly or having a hissy.

Lost

Staff Alumni
Will do and no worries. Don't think its a connection problem on this end though. Speed seems normal.

Also I remember it doing something similar when the new site went up. Forget how it was resolved though sorry.

Lost

Staff Alumni
@Freya Nope. Still not appearing for some reason. Tried clearing cookies/cache and explorer again but doesn't seem to be having it.

EDIT: NVM. Just saw the maintenance notice. Huzzah for Tim!

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
Can you try firefox Azza - I have no clue why this is a problem for you and nobody else - it makes no sense. I will check the admin and make sure you have not somehow been banned but I can't see how that would have happened.

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
@lost81 please could you also sign up another account for me? Just so I can check it is something to do with your computer and not your account? I will approve it temporarily

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00