Chat Updates - Please Report Problems Here!

Citizen Insane

Emote Encyclopedia
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
Wow, great work once again @Tim. ! We got text colours and our SF emotes... :D Just one thing, there's a gun emote and a knive emote (those came standard with the software)! :o @Freya Best to have it removed I think?

DouglasW

SF Supporter
Maybe already reported, but colors dont work for me. The picker button does nothing, and I see hex codes. If I refresh (not even hard rfresh) I sometimes see colors of past messages, but new ones are hex codes again.

Mac Chrome latest, popout chat.

Megan.

SF Supporter
I've disabled the color picker for now. The box should show up on inline and popup chat, but the tags will stop being added and the text won't be different colors. I'll try to get a working version up later this week.

Please be aware that it usually takes time before the updated files propagate to everyone.

Thanks everyone that has added things here. They are being looked at to the extent possible.

Lost

Staff Alumni
@Freya Sorry didn't get a chance to do sign up till now. Signed up with Losty as the new name. Tried FF as well but no joy there either. Been through apps and stuff to see if anything was blocking it but couldn't see anything.

Is there a way to turn the bar off that I somehow managed to click? I remember clicking on smileys tabs just as it happened. Wonder if I accidentally miss clicked on something to turn it off?

Also am I showing as online in the chat window? If so could anyone see what happens if you PM me through it?

Citizen Insane

Emote Encyclopedia
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
@lost81 I can't seem to PM you despite you being online on the forums. There's a barely visible icon at the bottom right of your screen (I hope) that says: Hide / Show Chat - is that thing gone as well for you?

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
@lost81 like Ken says, there is a really faint arrow in the bottom right of your page that hides chat. Can you see that? I approved the new account so lets see if that works.

Kafka

I see a bunch of numbers along with most posters. It's not every poster but most. It looks like this [poster name] **#999999** [actual text]. Different numbers for every user. Very strange...

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I see a bunch of numbers along with most posters. It's not every poster but most. It looks like this [poster name] **#999999** [actual text]. Different numbers for every user. Very strange...
This comes up for the people who are using a colour for their text. So each **#333333** is a code for the colour they are using.
I only know because I asked when I noticed this too.

I swear- I signed out of the other chat room - more than once.. but it defaults me back to the "Support Only" room every time I come online.

not really a problem, but just an idea: if we could see wether a member is new or not by clicking on their name on the right side of the box
(it would be easier to welcome new members)

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Probably not a new problem but I'll post it anyway.
PM on the phone is very hit and miss with receiving and sending messages.
I'll see the 3 dots doing the "mexican wave" so I know that they are typing but nothing comes up. I wait a minute or two then asked if they sent a new message and they did but it hasn't gone through. The same has happened with messages that I've sent, they just don't go through.

Like I said, nothing new but I thought I should still post it because it happens to lots of other members too.
(This is why I never PM on my phone! Shhhh... don't tell anyone!)

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
@nico_justnico If you are opening the support room and is where you start when logging in then the shortcut you are using is to the chat /support room- not to www.sucideforum.com. Chat and the forum are actually different programs- and though we access chat from the forum most typically it is not the same program/platform -is not even a plug in into the same platform. Because they are completely separate programs that just happen to share some information/ cross check info to allow access with each other there is very limited ways they could this could happen. These ways are limited to 3 possibilities-

1.You are not exiting the room- just closing it, when you come back to SF it is still open/logged in on the chat program.
2. You are using a shortcut that enters chat not SF and because chat requires you to log in see the log in screen as an entry way to chat though it is just to meet the requirements of enter chatroom.
3. You have it open on another platform - alternate computer / phone etc and since are logged in on an alternate deice it is default opening for you on the newly open device (once again-separate programs so logging out of chat/sf on computer has no bearing on being logged into chat on a mobile device or vice versa). This also applies to using the pop out windows for chat where doing something in the pop out version of chat does not effect the on sf chat directly.

When you start typing in the chatroom, the keyboard covers the message board and you can’t see anything you’re typing. It gets rather frustrating

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00