Comfortable with Depression?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Absolute Zero, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero New Member

Does anybody else feel comfortable being depressed and not want to fix it? I'm feeling that I don't want to try and fix myself. I'm comfortable feeling low and suicidal. Sometimes I even enjoy it. Am I the only one?

2. ohno not at all. i like being this way and idk why. everyone just tells me to get better and to do it now but tbh i'd rather just be here like this because it's so familiar and comfortable.

3. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Well, must say I do disagree - when I start that downward slope - I hate it, because, now I realise it's not at all necessary to be there and such a waste of time, which cumulatively speaking = a waste of life. However, I am not sorry for the journey which has involved deep depression and an attempt (well, yes I do regret the attempt, but it was not the end of the story, thank God!)... because of the things I have learned through it which have helped me to make sense of it all :)

4. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

i can cope with my depression but i can't say that i'm comfortable with it but if what you're doing allows you to get through the day, week, etc... then more power to you

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It is very hard to get use to feeling anything else but sad and when one feels a little less sad it feels odd in a way i get that. I think with each day that the lows are not so low you will get use to the change in what you are feeling and accept more hun h ugs

6. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

I think it can get comfortable, as in, you know the landscape of depression. By being in this landscape, it can prevent joy, love and all the other possible emotions and experiences that life may be on offer. These emotions of joy, love, and happiness, requires some trust and faith in the unknown. Depression may be familiar but you can lose out on other things. Thought-provoking question. Hope you find your way....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.