• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Compliance

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
#1
I'm struggling with my clozapine compliance. Taking the tablets are fine, I take them without fail. But I have to have regular blood tests and it's hard to keep on top of whilst I'm working again. I have to have these blood tests otherwise I don't get my tablets.

I don't really want to have to switch meds again. They work. I have minimal side effects.

I don't know what to do.
 

ellierose

Public Access
#2
I'm struggling with my clozapine compliance. Taking the tablets are fine, I take them without fail. But I have to have regular blood tests and it's hard to keep on top of whilst I'm working again. I have to have these blood tests otherwise I don't get my tablets.

I don't really want to have to switch meds again. They work. I have minimal side effects.

I don't know what to do.
have you been on these tablets for long? does it cause you any pain? they should give you them without having to draw blood. hugs
 

ellierose

Public Access
#3
I'm struggling with my clozapine compliance. Taking the tablets are fine, I take them without fail. But I have to have regular blood tests and it's hard to keep on top of whilst I'm working again. I have to have these blood tests otherwise I don't get my tablets.

I don't really want to have to switch meds again. They work. I have minimal side effects.

I don't know what to do.
it sounds really stressful, have you mentioned this to your doctor who prescribed the medication?
 

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
#4
have you been on these tablets for long? does it cause you any pain? they should give you them without having to draw blood. hugs
You have to have regular bloods on clozapine to monitor your white blood cells as it can deplete them. I'm on 2 weekly bloods atm. Without the blood results the pharmacy will not give me the tablets.
 

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
#6
Can be awkward fitting in those blood test appointments around work. As you're on a fortnightly blood testing schedule, I'm assuming you've been on clozapine for over 18 weeks now. After a year, then blood testing can be carried out on a monthly basis. Not sure how close you are to that 52 week target, but as it's helping, then I hope you'll be able to keep making those appointments.
 

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
#7
Can be awkward fitting in those blood test appointments around work. As you're on a fortnightly blood testing schedule, I'm assuming you've been on clozapine for over 18 weeks now. After a year, then blood testing can be carried out on a monthly basis. Not sure how close you are to that 52 week target, but as it's helping, then I hope you'll be able to keep making those appointments.
I've not long gone onto 2 weekly pick ups unfortunately
 

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
#8
I've not long gone onto 2 weekly pick ups unfortunately
As you're probably aware, there probably isn't too much scope for flexibility here due to the nature of the side effects associated. Just a matter of sticking it out if possible. Still, maybe worth having a chat at the clinic all the same.
 

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
#9
As you're probably aware, there probably isn't too much scope for flexibility here due to the nature of the side effects associated. Just a matter of sticking it out if possible. Still, maybe worth having a chat at the clinic all the same.
The problem is its so difficult to get blood tests around my shifts. And you have to book way in advance. I tried again to book today and the earliest appointment is 8th November. Our CMHT doesn't have a designated clozapine clinic like other CMHTs. If it did it would make it much easier because I could get a set day off work. But here you're pretty much left to your own devices.
 

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
#10
The problem is its so difficult to get blood tests around my shifts. And you have to book way in advance. I tried again to book today and the earliest appointment is 8th November. Our CMHT doesn't have a designated clozapine clinic like other CMHTs. If it did it would make it much easier because I could get a set day off work. But here you're pretty much left to your own devices.
Now that is a bummer
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top