Constant Sinking Feeling

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by mahealani, Jul 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mahealani

mahealani New Member

I always have this sinking feeling. I feel like I haven't been genuinely and consistently happy in a long time. I know a lot of that has to do with being in a toxic relationship that I am having the hardest time escaping. people I used to go to for help have really stopped helping, and it doesn't feel like people take me seriously when I try to express how genuinely unhappy I am with life. I have things going for me with school and work, but I feel, emotionally empty but I feel like I have no reason to feel that way, I feel like I need help but don't know where to go for it :/
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Have you tried talking to your doctor hun make doc listen and see if you can get some therapy or meds to help decrease sadness. If it is the relationship that is toxic t hen talk to a councilor ok get out before it gets even worse hugs
  3. Mayflower7

Mayflower7 Banned Member

Hi mahealani,
    Sorry this is happening. When you love someone it keeps you in a toxic relationship. If you are unhappy and it is harming you, you have to leave him and think of the future. You will find somebody else and you do deserve to be happy. Your friends offer you advice, then see you not take it up. So think you are not serious about the problem. Feeling low will make you feel isolated and you put up with more hurt then. Please see your dr for medical advice, domestic violence charities will help you escape. Look up one in your local area.
    Your friends maybe think they can't help you, I am sure when you are safe/feeling better they will come back to you.
    Good you have work/school, always good to have positives in your life. This will get better, you just need the courage to escape. Watch for abusive relationships in the future, some great threads in the rape/abuse section on the forum. It does sound like emotional abuse that you are suffering.
    I hope you are feeling much better very soon.
    Take care
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.