Constant Tightness in my Chest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel pretty bad today. I felt the same way yesterday. It's hard to explain what I'm feeling. All I know is that I don't like it.

I feel a tightness in the centre of my chest; like I've eaten a football and I'm going to throw it up any minute. My arms and hands feel really shaky on in the inside, but on the outside I'm not shaking. I'm pretty sure I'm close to having a full blown nervous breakdown or something.

I don't know why I'm writing this post because I really don't feel like chatting. I mean, I don't really have much to say at all, nor do I really feel upset about anything aside from this damn lump in my throat.

Right now I'm hoping that this pressure will keep building for a few days and when I explode I'll finally put an end to my stupid existence.

twilightki

I know exactly what you're talking about, I'm not sure of what you're going through to feel like this, but I get those symptoms when I'm lonely. I only know of two cures: Cry (immediate release of emotional baggage, you feel wonderful afterwards, trust me.) or go out with some friends, or just be in a public place and maybe talk to some people, nothing big, just ordinary small talk.

Please try one, or both of these, and come back and talk about what it did for you, if it did anything at all. And maybe, you can talk to us a little about what's going on in your life? I'll be here, promise.

I

Innocent

*hugs* I've had the lump in my throat and that "internal" shakiness too when I've been really anxious and upset about something. Do you have somebody close that you can go out with for coffee or a beer or something and vent things out? Or something you do that relaxes you and that you enjoy?
I hope you feel better soon...

I only know of two cures: Cry (immediate release of emotional baggage, you feel wonderful afterwards, trust me.) or go out with some friends, or just be in a public place and maybe talk to some people, nothing big, just ordinary small talk.
Funnily enough, I don't think I could've cried even if I tried which seems kind of unusual for me. I mean, some days I'll bawl my eyes out for no reason when I'm brushing my teeth, but the last couple of days I haven't cried or felt any worse than normal, aside from shaky-lump-in-my-throat thing.

Anyways, I had a few beers last night and that seemed to do the trick.

This morning I felt a bit stressed when I woke up, so I stayed in bed and watched a movie. Right now I feel pretty normal.

Thanks for the replies everyone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$165.00
Goal
$255.00