Crying because no one understands

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Petal, Aug 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

No one in real life understands what it is like to have this illness (anxiety,ptsd,bpd).

These are just two of the things said to me today

I wanna go, I am only 26 and life is getting bad. I fucking hate being treated differently. Maybe they will say sorry at my funeral.

...is one I hear often.

I asked my sister if she would go to the doctor with me,she said no :(

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2015
  2. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that you were treated that way. Luckily, I don't really have anyone in my life to tell me things like that, but I know that a lot of people wouldn't understand the way that I feel and would just think that I'm not trying. That's why I just pretty much avoid people as much as possible. While I was in the hospital, several people didn't understand. I'm mentally disabled and so many people just don't understand that. They think that because I talk fine that I am fine, but that's just not the case.

3. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Remember the wonderful time you had on holiday. Maybe it will help you work towards getting out of your current environment. There are good times to be had.

4. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Petal, I am so sorry to hear that you are being treated that way. I think that what seems to be....... is all inverted. Sometimes those who appear to be in the darkest places are the lightest people. Even though they cannot see that. And those who get annoyed with them etc are saying it from a place that is anything but light. Even though they cannot see that.

I know your heart is good. I know you suffer. I know you feel depth of pain. I just want you to know that I see your VERY good heart. That is WHO you are. The suffering and illness you carry is awful for you. It is so painful. But I wonder if those who are impatient could have the strength to carry this burden? You are important. Because of your good caring heart ( for one thing) . And you are needed. I wish there were words I had to mitigate some of the damage the words of others cause. Because cruel words are never ever coming from a place of balance or truth. I know your heart is good. Again, this is WHO you are. The other part, the illness is the burden you carry. Those around you who can see the difference are wise. The others are so potentially harmful. I am sorry. I wish there was a way to show you your true beauty. Because you have shown it to me. And so many others here. I do not know if anything I have said makes sense. But I know you are NOT the words spoken by those who speak from a place of intolerance and condemnation. :hug: :flowers:

5. Jabez

Jabez Well-Known Member

Hey, Petal, feeling for you.
    It hurts when people don't understand, especially loved ones. I guess they're just the lucky ones not to know how hard it can be, but don't you wish they could live it for a day and then they'd be more sympathetic!
    Hang in there. Hugs to you.

6. suicidalfish

suicidalfish Active Member

I feel you man, I got depression anxiety and addiction and nobody gets it especially my drug and alcohol addiction. I'll do everything right in life but just the fact that my piss may come up with drugs in it they immediately discount all the hard work I have put into school and life.

7. Damask

Damask Well-Known Member

*hugs* They might not understand, but we do.

8. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Yes we do. We see your heart. We see your pain. We see your strength. And some here can hold that for you when people irl make it so you cannot see that in yourself. For me, seeing the good in myself is a fragile thing. So easily it slips away. It doesn't mean that the good is not there. Just not possible to see at those times. :hug: :flowers:

9. Petal

I am doing a little better today, I have so many things going on at once that I don't know where to start but it's a good thing and not a bad thing. I know I have a good heart but at the same time not a fool.

Thanks for the kind words.

10. Petal

I am doing a little better today, I have so many things going on at once that I don't know where to start but it's a good thing and not a bad thing. I know I have a good heart but at the same time not a fool.

Thanks for the kind words.

11. CGMAngel

CGMAngel Well-Known Member

Those are words of guilt, Pet. They know they are failing you, yet are not strong enough to admit it. (To themselves or anyone else.)

12. Jonsey

Jonsey Well-Known Member

Petal, I understand. I have no one to talk to either. Everyone acts like PTSD, anxiety and depression are contagious. I wish we lived closer to help each other more.

13. Zaheer

Zaheer Account Closed

I would say the problem is that you expect (people to understand and treat you nicely ) .. stop expecting and learn to enjoy with yourself

14. Petal

I treat people nicely and with respect so I guess you are right, i do expect that. I don't expect a lot from people just respect and what is generally accepted in society.

I am not saying they are monsters but why talk down to me in the way they do?? Asswipes.

15. Zaheer

Zaheer Account Closed

They will respect you when YOU will start respecting yourself .. watch the people who are being respected .. see what do they do different. . N just being nice doesn't gurantee that you will be respected .. people are complex .. learn .. practice. . Make error and learn again

16. Petal

I think you may be correct, but I don't know how to do that :(

17. Zaheer

Zaheer Account Closed

You can start by being more self aware .. writing things down which you think are turn offs .. bad or negative .. or things which are not adding anything to your life

18. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

They are being too judgemental. They havent walked a mile in your shoes and will not understand until they did if they havent figured out by now.

I stopped trying to get my family to understand. They never will and once I am gone they will still not figure it out.

19. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

Hey petal. I know I'm a little late on this post, but I know how you feel. If you have bpd, things tend to hurt you very easily and I don't know about you but I tend to cry a lot when someone says or does something that hurts me or offends me. And for some reason some people seem to think that when I do it, I'm trying to get attention or something or that it's fake and it's not. I can't make myself fake-cry...and I think most people wouldn't either. So, yeah, when people tell me it's fake or don't care, it hurts even more. Makes it seem like my feelings don't matter. I guess they think that nobody could possibly cry that much that often or that something so little couldn't possibly hurt that much and I'm being dramatic. And not only does that make it hurt even more, an intense feeling of rage usually comes over me as well, which makes me want to do things I end up regretting. I really wish people weren't so goddamn ignorant and understood that it's hard enough to control as it is, it certainly doesn't help when we get provoked even more because they keep saying retarded shit.

20. suicidalfish

suicidalfish Active Member

Story of my fuckin life man. What I've learned is that we can't let other peoples actions determine how we feel or we will always be victims. Plus the best way to get revenge on those fuckers is to be happy regardless of their words or actions.

Fuck them haters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.