Day by day

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Ladybugaboo, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ladybugaboo

Ladybugaboo Well-Known Member

It probably does more harm than good whenever I'm stubbornly awake until 3 a.m., not wanting to sleep because I'm in the middle of confronting my problems instead of avoiding them. I do feel better after resolving a few [minor] issues; however the deeper psychological wounds conquered me -- mentally exhausted by now, I'd opt to fight my internal battles another day then wake up the next morning feeling defeated. I'll take my meds (Wellbutrin XL 300 mg which does nothing to alleviate the emotional pain) and brace myself for the next myriad waves of anguish, fighting to keep my head above water...
  2. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Wish I had the courage to confront problems.
  3. Lunartic

Lunartic Member & Antiquities Friend

Sometimes trying a strict sleep regime helps. I now go to bed at 11pm and rise at 7am, took a while to settle in but now am less fatigued during the day and able to challenge my demons more effectively. Don`t know if you`ve tried this, but good luck on your journey, Huggs...
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Ask you doctor hun to up the medication or to try another antidepressant one that will work for you ok and also a sleep aid at night so you can get proper sleep and not be so tired hun in the morning h ugs
  5. Ladybugaboo

Ladybugaboo Well-Known Member

Theodora, often times we all need someone by our side to be strong/brave enough to initiate confrontation, I hope one day you'll build more self-confidence to achieve this.

Lunartic & total eclipse - Thanks for the suggestions. I'll definitely try them.

It's been 10 years living with depression.. Jeez, it's like an uninvited guest that refuses to leave.
    Well, it's time to enjoy my cappuccino. Late nights man...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.