Day dreaming/not with reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anime-Zodiac

Do you day dream and if so, how often in a day (or any given time period) would you day dream.

I've found that in recent years, I have gradually become less in-tune with reality. For example, someone will speak to me but half of the time I will be in another world. Also i've become less aware of my surroundings and my self.

twc

I am definitely a dreamer. I don't space out as much as I used to, but I spend a lot of time in my mind. I don't know how many hours in a day, it's just bits and pieces here and there.

It's a natural thing to do especially when things in life are overwhelming and depressing. Sometimes I just take a break from facing the drudgery of reality, just because I can.

I do this so much. Sometimes I'll purposefully sit on my bed and just space out because it feels so much better than life does sometimes. It's like just turning off your brain and for a little while i don't have to deal with anything. I know it's probably bad, but right now it's one of my main coping mechanisms.

nolonger

I tend to be very absent-minded at school. I'm not actually paying attention, off thinking about something else. You can see anything when you close your eyes.

foreverforgotten

Quiet Observer 🦋
SF Supporter
This is how my whole life has come to be.
In my head and out of my body. I don't care about my body anyways.
I can't explain it with words. Its a disease. >:

icequeen

woah, this is what i have been saying to my doc/pysch for ages...it was scary at first but now i relish it, its a nice safe place to be for me altho my psych disagrees. i feel like i am 2 steps behind myself or living in a box, i have no connection with the outside and i dont care anymore, i dont have the energy to try and reconnect with reality and i guess now i am afraid of doing so as i dont know what it will be like. even when i do venture outside my house when my friend takes me for walk, i dont see "outside" and am so relieved to get back into my box. :yay:

Chargette

I've daydreamed for as long as I can remember and I'm 54 years old. It's is a comfort zone. A big problem I encounter is when my hurt gets acted out in my daydreams.

I also believe I have SCT, Sluggish Cognitive Tempo, which is a sub-category of ADD. I tested deficient for working memory. This means my brain has to work harder and it wears me out. The only way I had a job most of my life was because I made cheat sheets.

This wiki page talks about the daydreaming too. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sluggish_cognitive_tempo

I space out A LOT. During classes, I frequently find I've fallen behind with notes. I often move on to another part of a conversation in my head before I end the one I'm having, probably to the annoyance of my friends! I have an incredibly difficult time paying attention, and although I've never tested for it, I definitely have more than mild ADD.

Well, I use fantasy a LOT. It's one of the reasons I can't fall asleep unless I'm drop-dead tired. Often I'll be sitting in class, and suddenly I realize I haven't been paying attention for the last several minutes because I was thinking about Doctor Who. Or even, I'll start out thinking what I'd like to have said to someone or what I'd like to say to them and end up talking to myself.

Anime-Zodiac

Thanks for all the replies.

For me, it is dangerous because I have negative thoughts, combined with day dreaming makes a bad combination. That's why i'm trying to stay in reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00