Death is only thing I look forward to

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by wastedmylife, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

Not sure what it means but the only thing I look forward to is dying, I am stuck in this depressive misery, then I think about myself dying and I start to feel a little better

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

I feel the exact same way even though I don't want to actually die, I just want to be happy.

3. wastedmylife

do you know how you can get happy?

4. Petal

Unfortunately, I don't think anything can make me happy again. The only thing I have left to look forward to is death. While death is the only thing we are looking forward to its kind of impossible to see a bright side, thats why I come here to sf :)

5. wastedmylife

how old are you, why dont you think you will be happy again

6. Petal

I'm 19! I won't ever be happy again because I have completely isolated myself from the world(stayed in my home for 4+ years). I don't socialize with anybody. SF is my life. I have tried numerous anti-depressants, talked to many psychiatrists. No one can help me. So i guess there's nothing left for me to do except die.

7. wastedmylife

I hope you are kidding , anyway no one can make you happy except for yourself, I dont know what you want out of life but only you have to make that possible, I dont think any shrink or anti depressent can help, maybe a shrink can help, I wish i was 19 again

have u lived an isolated life or had a rough upbringing

8. Petal

I wish i was kidding:tongue: Yea, I agree with you that only I can make things possible, but I don't know where to even start.

Strangely, I had a very good upbringing with very loving parents.My dad passed away in June which has worsened my depression a lot.

Sorry for hijacking your thread:laugh: What makes you feel that you can't be happy? :hug:

9. wastedmylife

I dont know, I suggest you talk to a shrink, as for me ehh thats a long story, I think I am a lost cause

10. Petal

Have you tried meds or therapy? :arms:

11. wastedmylife

yea I tryed all that years ago, real long story I think I am beyond salvable

12. Petal

Do you think its worth another try? Its gotta be better than giving up for good! :hug:

13. wastedmylife

i dont know i tryed therapy again but that didnt help, and meds are not something I really believe in, I really think I am to 2 far gone, like that other guys user id

14. Petal

Have you tried CBT(cognitive behavioral therapy)?. It's supposed to work really well and completely change your mind set and allows you to see things in a different light. The only reason I haven't tried it is because I don't leave my home.

15. wastedmylife

I dont know, I dont really trust most therapies especially these fad therapies, I think people need to get over things themselves and deal with things themselves, but I dont rule out therapy in general

and u havent left your home in 4 years, didnt you go to HS

16. Petal

I understand :) I think its worth looking into though!!

Yep, I haven't left my home at all since 2004. I left high school when I was 15, I only completed half of high school. Suits me anyway, i hated highschool:laugh:

It gets lonely at times, especially with no friends or anything, I dont know what I'd do without SF.

17. wastedmylife

why did u leave HS didnt your parents mind

18. Petal

I left high school when my anxiety got very bad, I couldn't stand even talking directly to anyone and still cant now. I get extremely paranoid without reason. My parents didn't mind, well there was nothing they could do about it. I kind of feel sorry for my mom having to put up with me every day. I am a real burden to her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.